Experience 2018 photo thread (unofficial)

Imgur link

This is why I don't usually supply pictures. I didn't even get the beautiful magenta/fuchsia one with which I was so smitten. Rob, did you get a shot of that one? I was in the middle of changing my battery, and it was the first picture as soon as I booted up, so I have no idea what happened to it. I has a sad.

Alternatively, does anyone remember which store had that one? I'll see if I can find it on their website.

2018 PRS Experience Private Stock McCarty 594 https://applink.reverb.com/item/13076724-2018-prs-experience-private-stock-mccarty-594

Just saying;)

hdIMNRV.jpg

Huh, well that’s weird. At least I got it. Thanks for the help.

hdIMNRV.jpg

Huh, well that’s weird. At least I got it. Thanks for the help.

Score! It's definitely a confusing little bit of UI design. I initially didn't want to use Imgur because it isn't the most user friendly, but the limitations of the other mobile apps drove me to it.

I think they do it this way because even if you upload a single picture, it's still a "gallery" as they see it. If you upload several pics, you can share the link and let people scroll down to view them all. The gallery view also allows people to like it or comment vs. simply embedding the pic on a different page.

A few pics, which a whole bunch more can be found in this Imgur album:

https://imgur.com/a/j7n1NT1

Goodies and swag from the Experience:
8bIwbTX.jpg

Vertical Horizon:
7Y2mZpM.jpg

Dave Grissom clinic:
sgIXtqV.jpg

Dave Weiner's Visible@Night:
XNG5ijC.jpg

Apparently dealers can order S2 guitars in non-standard (for S2) finishes, a la Wood Library. There was another a few back on the rack in Armando's Amethyst:
y2wDxnd.jpg

Other stuff:
AqoBf6B.jpg

hBjBHks.jpg

My hair can be a mess:
CgY4JQz.jpg

Snake guitar:
4dRwoJF.jpg

Wife said she really likes this Tree Of Life:
Lt0n522.jpg

Was very tempted by this 12-string (only one on the floor!):
ayHMGXw.jpg

Got a backplate signed:
Z4rXuD8.jpg

By the man:
d3Gqxtt.jpg

The "holey" burl on the far right is for Brian G, from what I understand, and the pockets will remain unfilled:
wFJB7ZQ.jpg

Silver Sky parts everywhere! They sure have that model ramped up in production!:
pCzMPGR.jpg

Headstock signature - not just a decal!:
BCXPKaC.jpg

Wood and wife!
hLBgXZe.jpg

The Sergio Sapphire Experience!
LD7jVwE.jpg

And this is the one I snagged, safe at home now...
lFoIyhj.jpg

The back:
lcwHJFa.jpg

Nice shooting, Steve!

Someday you'll have to teach me how to hit the shutter button and toss the camera in the air to take a picture of myself like you did with the eagle! Even PRSh looks amazed at that trick - either that or he's stunned by the coolness in your handshake!

A few pics, which a whole bunch more can be found in this Imgur album:

https://imgur.com/a/j7n1NT1

Goodies and swag from the Experience:
8bIwbTX.jpg

Vertical Horizon:
7Y2mZpM.jpg

Dave Grissom clinic:
sgIXtqV.jpg

Dave Weiner's Visible@Night:
XNG5ijC.jpg

Apparently dealers can order S2 guitars in non-standard (for S2) finishes, a la Wood Library. There was another a few back on the rack in Armando's Amethyst:
y2wDxnd.jpg

Other stuff:
AqoBf6B.jpg

hBjBHks.jpg

My hair can be a mess:
CgY4JQz.jpg

Snake guitar:
4dRwoJF.jpg

Wife said she really likes this Tree Of Life:
Lt0n522.jpg

Was very tempted by this 12-string (only one on the floor!):
ayHMGXw.jpg

Got a backplate signed:
Z4rXuD8.jpg

By the man:
d3Gqxtt.jpg

The "holey" burl on the far right is for Brian G, from what I understand, and the pockets will remain unfilled:
wFJB7ZQ.jpg

Silver Sky parts everywhere! They sure have that model ramped up in production!:
pCzMPGR.jpg

Headstock signature - not just a decal!:
BCXPKaC.jpg

Wood and wife!
hLBgXZe.jpg

The Sergio Sapphire Experience!
LD7jVwE.jpg

And this is the one I snagged, safe at home now...
lFoIyhj.jpg

The back:
lcwHJFa.jpg
I’m taken by the shelf of SC straight off the CNC, with that cheeky splice of wood, between the cap and the back. Nice!

Imgur link

This is why I don't usually supply pictures. I didn't even get the beautiful magenta/fuchsia one with which I was so smitten. Rob, did you get a shot of that one? I was in the middle of changing my battery, and it was the first picture as soon as I booted up, so I have no idea what happened to it. I has a sad.

Alternatively, does anyone remember which store had that one? I'll see if I can find it on their website.
Sorry. I looked at that guitar so many times all the guys at ISH knew me and wanted start charging me rent.
I took a lot of stills with my phone only to come home and find out they all disappeared.. So instead of a new guitar or amp during Experience I bought a new phone after.
Compared to the other PS guitars that price was great for such a beauty. It took me a long time to find an acceptable reason not to buy it.

That's not a splice, it's just a mark left by the router head. One piece back, two piece, book-matched tops. All Killer, No Filler.
Ahh! An optical illusion that’s pretty much uniform on all the SC bodies. Nice to see even the OI has PRS uniformity ;):D

(My comment was meant positively, in that it looked cool. Like a little bonus of tasty timber, nestled in there for the player to enjoy:D)

Back