EXP2016 Early Bird Registration is now open!

They usually schedule a time for people to line up, meet Paul and get something like a backplate signed.

And, um, Paul would never miss one of these, it's his party!

Last year, wasn't the Paul meet & greet Signature Club only? I can't remember.

My first Experience was in 2012. At the 2012 and 2013 Experiences, they scheduled 2 meets and greets with Paul that were Signature Club only and you were limited to getting one item signed. They do sell extra backplates at the event if you don't want to bring one. At the 30th Anniversary Celebration last year, I think the official Paul meet and greet was Signature Club only but Paul was a lot more accessible last year.

If you want Paul's signature, I'd suggest joining the Signature Club just in case.

I remember something like this for one of the events. Paul roams freely throughout the event. He's an approachable guy, so as long as you're patient and cool about not interrupting anything, there's usually an opportunity. He is VERY busy, but there should be time(possibly scheduled) to have him sign a backplate. Just be nice. Not saying it's a given, since it's a big event though.

My first Experience was in 2012. At the 2012 and 2013 Experiences, they scheduled 2 meets and greets with Paul that were Signature Club only and you were limited to getting one item signed. They do sell extra backplates at the event if you don't want to bring one. At the 30th Anniversary Celebration last year, I think the official Paul meet and greet was Signature Club only but Paul was a lot more accessible last year.

If you want Paul's signature, I'd suggest joining the Signature Club just in case.
Certainly the safest bet. Besides, you get a t-shirt, strings, TRC and discount in the store.

I didn´t join the Sig Club at the moment because living in spain reduces the advantages and discounts but If you recommend me to do it because the Experience will be better, point taken.
In fact, We (my wife and I) will be spending our holidays touring the Mississippi from New Orleans to Nashville and then to DC, and we scheduled the trip just to be at the PRS experience, so I expect to enjoy something remarkable.

I didn´t join the Sig Club at the moment because living in spain reduces the advantages and discounts but If you recommend me to do it because the Experience will be better, point taken.
In fact, We (my wife and I) will be spending our holidays touring the Mississippi from New Orleans to Nashville and then to DC, and we scheduled the trip just to be at the PRS experience, so I expect to enjoy something remarkable.
Very cool. Sounds like a fun trip! Safe travels.

One question before joining in; if I'm a Sig Club member and my wife insn´t... could she be with me at Sig Club events or does she need to join the Club too?

One question before joining in; if I'm a Sig Club member and my wife insn´t... could she be with me at Sig Club events or does she need to join the Club too?
This was posted in another thread:

"So was there a guest option this year? I'm bringing a buddy and trying to find him his 1st PRS. By the way it's worded, it sounds like Sig members are the only ones allowed early to the sales floor. I wonder if I have to have him join the club to get to the sales floor early? That's the way it sounds, right?

You have to register your guest separately. Just register again with the guest's name and select "Signature Club Guest" and enter your signature club number. I was able to register my wife as my guest."

Holy makeral...Basauri...if you get a chance, check out the plantation Oak Alley in NOLA!! It's beautiful!! If that's your bag, set up a tour...my wife and I loved them.

In our to-do list at NOLA, there are a couple of plantations: one in Vacherie and the other one is where Django was filmed. Don't remember the names, that's my wife's stuff. Mine are roads, maps, gas stations, food... And guitar stores + Gibson (Memphis) and PRS tours!

Sorry for this off topic ;)

Once again, PRS lowered their standards by accepting my reservation.

Not totally - they did do it with reservations of their own!

HGI did order a new, softer wall in front if the fireplace for us.

Sig Club joined and PRS Experience registration! Yeeeeehhhhh

I have never been to an experience. My wife asked me this year if I wanted to go, and so I told her I would look into it more. I take it you guys rec highly, but what is it really like? Worth taking a few days off? What is the shopping portion like? Do they have different guitars or discounted guitars than what we normally find? Or is it usually retail price type stuff with their best on the line? Thanks in advance. JR

Yes, Rapdog, highly recommended. Great entertainment, good people and more selection of guitars than you are likely to find elsewhere. Most experiences have had special run guitars - varying numbers of a different take on something in the line. Sales are done by dealers and some are more flexible on price than others. The key is that there is a huge selection and if you want something that a dealer hasn't claimed yet, you can by it through any of the dealers you like. There are always some great people to work with there - I have my favourites that I know will give me a fair deal.

There are always some great people to work with there - I have my favourites that I know will give me a fair deal.

Recommendations for newbies?
I didn't know that I had to buy through a dealer. I thought the factory would sell those "special run" directly and with factory price.

Back