Eric Clapton: Life In 12 Bars

My Dad frequently talks bout gigging in London in the 60's, crossing paths with EC, Zoot Money amongst others! He's quite blase about it. I don't think he'll get an honourable mention:D

Well we decided to get Showtime for the 5 day free trial to see this documentary and just finished watching it. It's over 2 hours, be prepared to see and hear, first hand, from people that lived with and through the times and decades of Clapton. You could just turn the sound down and watch the still photographs and home movies and be amazed. How Eric Clapton could sit and watch this completed film is something I just can't grasp, it's just that personal. From the Yardbirds, Bluesbreakers, Cream, Blind Faith and much, much more. There are a few segments you might have seen over time, but some never before, ever. So get yourself settled in, with no distractions, some refreshments and prepare to be astonished, even if you're not a 'fan' of his, by his career and life in this film biography.

Last edited:
Recorded but not watched yet. Looking forward to it.

Just watched the XTC doc. Great stuff - and I watched it out of curiosity, not fandom.

Same. I was waiting for this to air so I could finally get around to cancelling Showtime!

With the new season of Homeland just starting? Carrie went badass on a hacker last night - not that you couldn't see it coming 100 miles away.

With the new season of Homeland just starting? Carrie went badass on a hacker last night - not that you couldn't see it coming 100 miles away.

I'm a huge slacker when it comes to shows. Haven't seen one episode of Homeland, but have every season on DVD.

I'm a huge slacker when it comes to shows. Haven't seen one episode of Homeland, but have every season on DVD.

Honestly - it's been kind of hit and miss. The Brody storyline in season one was pretty good. Season two? Not so much. Season three was better, but not as good as one. I think the show's been better overall since the Brody storyline ended.

Honestly - it's been kind of hit and miss. The Brody storyline in season one was pretty good. Season two? Not so much. Season three was better, but not as good as one. I think the show's been better overall since the Brody storyline ended.

Good to know. As I look over at my huge stack of unwatched movies and shows, I see Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Breaking Bad, and Boardwalk Empire that have yet to be cracked. I started Deadwood, but got distracted. I'll have to start that all over. On a positive note, I did watch the entire Soprano's run about 5 years ago. That was only 5 years after the show ended......

Good to know. As I look over at my huge stack of unwatched movies and shows, I see Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Breaking Bad, and Boardwalk Empire that have yet to be cracked. I started Deadwood, but got distracted. I'll have to start that all over. On a positive note, I did watch the entire Soprano's run about 5 years ago. That was only 5 years after the show ended......

I have stacks of DVDs of TVs that I've watched as they aired. Haven't watched the DVDs yet.

Game of Thrones is a fun ride, but it's a b!tch keeping all the names and characters straight.

Watched the documentary a 2nd time this afternoon before my 'Showtime trial' ended. Better the 2nd time and well worth yours, if you're so inclined...

Back