Epic N5D: Private Stock SC 594 in "Cherry Tobacco Burst"!

There isn't a thing I would change about that guitar - it is stunning! I love the flamed hog neck!

Congrats and Happy Birthday! "Vintage vibe" is right, that's exactly what I thought when first laid eyes on it. And I've never seen a flamed hog neck like that!

Did PRS do your truss rod cover, or did you have that custom made? (And if so, could I ask who did it?)

A stunning #100!
As always, curious to get more tone comparisons between them all.
Congrats.

Did PRS do your truss rod cover, or did you have that custom made? (And if so, could I ask who did it?)

Yes, PRS did that as part of the guitar build. Looks great!! In matching "Brown Lip" Mother of Pearl, my favorite Mother of Pearl option they offer, shimmers in pink, green, orange and brownish tones. You will see that most Private Stocks I spec myself will have that beautiful material for the inlays...

Congrats Pete! That is beautiful in every way. Makes me reconsider my giving up on the SC model (ice pack on my back isn't that awful of a price to pay for that beauty, right?!?). The color choices front and back and soft gloss nitro really set if off. That figured hog neck is unreal - is that sinker hog or just epicly figured?

Like the diamond knot inlays. Now that you've had both diamond and circle knots, curious which ones you like better? Also like your #1 prototype inlays too.

I started out as an LP guy, but something about that extra 1" in the lower bout just pulls on my back more - I'll have to keep working on strengthening my back and core before I consider trying again. Plus I'm now a sucker for the more pronounced violin carve on the DC shape.

Very nice. Looks like a Vintage bourbon burst. But those inlays.. among other things, puts it in a class by itself.

Thanks everyone, for the continued kind comments!

That figured hog neck is unreal - is that sinker hog or just epicly figured?

Super highly figured "Select" Mahogany. The most figured I have seen ever there, in my many visits. They don't call anything "Sinker" Mahogany anymore...

Like the diamond knot inlays. Now that you've had both diamond and circle knots, curious which ones you like better? Also like your #1 prototype inlays too.

Thanks! I really like the Diamond Knots as well! I view them as something special and fancy for this particular special sentimental guitar. The two prototypes have "Blade Knots", and that is my favorite. I have one more of these in the oven, and that will have Blade Knots as well. Spec'ed in March, due towards the end of the year.

I am so smitten with these PS SC 594's with the Maple Binding, Semi-Gloss Nitro and special and unique "Knots" inlays, I am building myself a modest collection of them... :)

Awesome looking guitar. I really like the inlays especially the added touch on the 12th fret.

Thanks everyone, for the continued kind comments!

Super highly figured "Select" Mahogany. The most figured I have seen ever there, in my many visits. They don't call anything "Sinker" Mahogany anymore...

Thanks! I really like the Diamond Knots as well! I view them as something special and fancy for this particular special sentimental guitar. The two prototypes have "Blade Knots", and that is my favorite. I have one more of these in the oven, and that will have Blade Knots as well. Spec'ed in March, due towards the end of the year.

I am so smitten with these PS SC 594's with the Maple Binding, Semi-Gloss Nitro and special and unique "Knots" inlays, I am building myself a modest collection of them... :)
Thanks Pete - I'll be sure to file away 'sinker' doesn't exist anymore . I'm tempted to use either blade or those diamond knots in a build I'm contemplating down the road.

Back