ELECTION TIME! (DGT Fan Club)

Who shall be the President of the DGT Fan Club until the next election (Nov 2016)?

• BostonGuitar (Pres) & Mike Duncan (VP)

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Harker1440 (Pres) & Twinfan (VP)

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • aristotle (Pres) & rugerpc (VP)

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
EDIT: If you'd like to read the debate before voting, see posts 158 through 234.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Yup, that's right! It's election time for the President and VP of the DGT Club.

Kevin (BostonGuitar) and Mike Duncan are the incumbents and there appear to be (despite some big talk a few years ago) no challengers. So here's the line in the sand. If you intend to run for DGT Club President, choose your running mate and announce your candidacy in THIS thread by 11:59PM this Friday night (Oct 26th).

I will organize the voting; which will be begin at 8:19PM on November 4th and END at 8:19PM (Mountain Time) on Tuesday the 6th of November.

The winner will hold the title for the next four years (unless he is successfully impeached).

This is supposed to be fun. PLEASE... Do not let discussions concerning "other elections" appear in this thread. I'm asking nicely.

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;26912 said:
Yup, that's right! It's election time for the President and VP of the DGT Club.

Kevin (BostonGuitar) and Mike Duncan are the incumbents and there appear to be (despite some big talk a few years ago) no challengers. So here's the line in the sand. If you intend to run for DGT Club President, choose your running mate and announce your candidacy in THIS thread by 11:59PM this Friday night (Oct 26th).

I will organize the election; which will be held on November 4th. If no one challenges Kevin and Mike by the date noted above, they automatically win.

The winner will hold the title for the next four years (unless he is successfully impeached).

This is supposed to be fun. PLEASE... Do not let discussions concerning "other elections" appear in this thread. I'm asking nicely.

Your incumbent President approves of this message... :cool: :box:

Duncan may actually be up for the Prez position as he currently has one more DGT than the incumbent!! :D

Duncan may actually be up for the Prez position as he currently has one more DGT than the incumbent!! :D

Then why does he refuse to show us his hangtags? Is he hiding something? I want to see receipts! Where are the receipts?! Welcome to the no spin zone.:evil:

With my none- more-black DGT Std in hand I would like to announce my candidacy for a cabinet post: the DGT Secretary of... Metal \m/

:D

I'll serve under any President and VP as long as I can spread my message of DGT and metal amongst the people!

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;26932 said:
A note has been sent to Mr. Grissom with a link to this thread. Look sharp.

Ahyaint scurred... :flute:

But y'all better put your big boy pants on... :rolleyes:

As a voting member with a '08 and '11 as credentials, I cast my vote for Kevin for Prez and Mr. Duncan, a fellow Virginian on the other side of IAD, as Vice Prez. I guess I'm biased for reasons that maybe apparent, at lest to the the two candidates.

I just want a better cabinet position. I was placed so low I forgot my own title.

:(

Hmmm should I ? I've bought sold and traded more dgts than both incumbents combined. Besides that I have Goldie a Pre Production 2007 DGT methinks I should seek council with the masses?
What say you ?

Hmmm should I ? I've bought sold and traded more dgts than both incumbents combined. Besides that I have Goldie a Pre Production 2007 DGT methinks I should seek council with the masses?
What say you ?

Mr. Secretary, you have indeed bought, sold, and traded more PRSi than most, and even more DGTi than most, but lest you forget that I was the original owner of Todd's Relic, and BuilderMike's(formerly Larry the PaintGuy's) black DGT with early birds, as well as owning my original '08 early birded goldtop and new(thanks to you) '12 FBM DGTS...

What say you ?
No one is running against Kevin and Mike yet. Unless someone throws their name in the hat, this discussion dies in a few days.

What fun would that be?

Where is the courage and spirt in democracy? Don't all of you DGT owners know that it is a forum given right to run for President? What would you say to the less fortunate among you that by birthright or finance are unable to compete for President, what kind of message does that send the SE, Mira, and CE owners about the importance and validity of your hierarchy??

Winning unopposed would be an empty victory for Kevin, it might make him feel like the title is of limited importance which could in turn negatively effect the performance of his duties, and the DGT Fan Club could lose all it has fought so hard on the internet for.

Ask yourself what it means to not participate in advancement.
What if David just stuck with a PRS Standard 24 gold-top, where would the development of the PRS line be?

"The test of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there."
James Buchanan-15th President of the United States and true inspiration of the SD JB Hum-Bucher.

Where's the mud slinging??!! Unless it has been replaced with stripper jello wrestling, then I approve THAT message. :cool:

Why, I ask, why must one own a DGT to be considered for club president or VP?? HUH? Huh??

I don't have a DGT of any flavor and don't see one in my future, at least for the coming 'term'. I DO have a nice McRosy which is an ancestor of the DGT - but I don't want to pander here as I see the incumbent(s) doing...

I won't even mention that I was the first one to offer a helpful post in this thread dealing with DGh and that the current prez is conspicuously absent and that the VP only weighed in at post #12... No, I wouldn't mention THAT.

So, is this like real politics where you have to be born with a silver DGT in your mouth to even be considered?? HUH? Is it?

We deserver better than to be represented by some oligarchy dedicated to maintaining the status quo. I therefore announce my candidacy.

I have lots of BIG IDEAS for BIG CHANGE.

For starters, DGT has too many letters for many in our electorate who aren't the best at spelling. Let's all agree that we need to remove the "T" from DGT....

dgt-ga40-1.jpg

I'd also like to announce my intent to nominate rugerpc as my running mate. I like the cut of his jib, and it's maverick ideas like his that will shake things up....

We deserver better than to be represented by some oligarchy dedicated to maintaining the status quo. I therefore announce my candidacy.

I have lots of BIG IDEAS for BIG CHANGE.

For starters, DGT has too many letters for many in our electorate who aren't the best at spelling. Let's all agree that we need to remove the "T" from DGT....

dgt-ga40-1.jpg

I'd also like to announce my intent to nominate rugerpc as my running mate. I like the cut of his jib, and it's maverick ideas like his that will shake things up....

Well,,, (digs toe in sand)

I accept - on one condition, I want Albrecht Smuten for my Chief of Staff. That way if Aristotle gets a bit too wonky, I can stage a coup... Don't let Aristotle read that last part.

I'll be faithful and true. Until I'm not. Er... strike that last part too....

Really, Aristotle - you have my full and loyal support.

A DGT in every house! (especially mine - I'm expecting quite a bit of graft)

Back