EG3? How many are out there???

Bummer. Called them up and it turns out the guitar is an EG II. I am jonesing for the EG3 with the SSS config. I MAY pull trigger on that one in England depending on a conversation with them (and the wife, lol).

So, not to boast but I am the original owner of a 1990 burgundy mist EG-4 and it's the best guitar I will ever own. Unfortunately like an idiot I replaced the Fralin bridge humbucker with a Seymour Duncan P-Rail. I wanted to get a more strat-like sound; as it turns out I like the P-90 mode best. I miss the drive of the original humbucker, but I like the mid/bridge setting a LOT more now in combination with the P-90. The PRS tremolo is a masterwork of form and function, no locking tuners and yet I can abuse the Trem all day and it practically refuses to go out of tune. You can't have mine but if you can find one ... BUY IT!

One of the pickups on mine went bad 2 years ago. I ended up sending it to Rewind in Utah, after two trips to Lindy, who couldn’t fix it. This put the fear of god in me, and I’ll only use it on safe local one nighters. Mine has the locking tuners, and with the 9’s -no neck pocket crack. It’s a great guitar that I don’t ever see myself selling. The triple soapies get me close enough sonically.

Last edited:
Back