EB PARADIGM Strings????

drawshot

Just one more...and that's it!
Anybody try these yet?

I just slapped a set on my SC594, and have NO time to mess with it tonight.

Just wondering if anyone else has taken this journey of discovery?

as with all the new varieties of strings I always wonder about fret wear.

The pitch on these (pun intended) is being unbreakable? Any of you breaking strings? I used to break strings all the time back in the 80s and maybe the 90s but I can't even recall the last time I broke a string.

I went to get some the other day, but they were sold out. I got the new D’Addario/D’Angelico collabs. They've been good so far.

Not nearly as interested in the break-resistant properties as I am with the long life aspects.

I liken them, in theory, to the Elixr Nanowebs, for lifespan.

Being a gear junkie, I had to try them out.

I'm pleased to report no breakage over the past 24 hours, in standard E-tuning!! ;) :-D

And the moral of this personal story is....if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The Paradigm strings feel fine, and sound fine. I don't dislike them.

But....

I'm sticking with NYXL 10s.

There's just something about the NYXL set that tickles me in special places.

Never been a big Ernie Ball fan, so I probably won't try them. I did watch a video the other day of a guy "testing the strength" of these. He starts by saying he's had them on for about a week so they're fully stretched, does a 2 and a half step bend and snap a string, and proceeds to call them bunk.

Obviously, nothing is truly unbreakable, but under normal use, you really shouldn't be snapping strings all the time. I've never had issues with my NYXLs, so I'll keep using those until they stop working for me or I find something better.

What's interesting me is the anti rust, I have a very agressive transpiration and my strings really do not last long.
I need to try these ones just for that feature.

Been using Elixirs for years, mostly Nanowebs. I'm not having issues breaking strings, so these don't really hold a lot of appeal for me. I am going to try the new Elixir formation.

Yeah I was interested in the new Elixir strings. I too use nanowebs on my electric and find them to work well for me. Tried NYXL's on them and felt they were almost a little stiffer than I like.

Been using Elixirs for years, mostly Nanowebs. I'm not having issues breaking strings, so these don't really hold a lot of appeal for me. I am going to try the new Elixir formation.

Ernie Balls have broken on me every single time i have used them, i despise those strings to my very core. GHS have broken once over around 15 years of use and since i started on Daddarios almost 2 years ago ive not broken a single one. Maybe their claim that they are unbreakable just means they finally caught up to other companies standards for a string with normal durability.

If Ernie Ball has booth this weekend at the Dallas Guitar Festival, I'll walk up and say, "The Most Advanced Guitar Strings Known to Man" and see if I get a free set.

They're a bit too pricey for me to keep them on all my guitars full-time, but that didn't stop me from slapping on a set on my main guitar. I put them on April 15 and haven't broken one yet (stays in E standard 90% of the time and I do some major bends consistently for the songs we play), and there seems to be no rust at a quick glance. No complaints so far ('cept for that price tag).

I think the no-break guarantee is up to 90 days if I'm not mistaken, so if they break on day 91, I can't complain too much I guess. ;)

If Ernie Ball has booth this weekend at the Dallas Guitar Festival, I'll walk up and say, "The Most Advanced Guitar Strings Known to Man" and see if I get a free set.

I went up to the EB booth this morning at the Dallas Show...apparently these new strings are very quickly selling out. The rep showed me his empty display container and told me they actually had none at all to bring to Dallas.

Back