E-bay guitar

G2*

My E-Bay guitar arrived yesterday, it's in excellent condition just a few fine scratches appox. 1/4" long on the back.

Serial # 11 179924

100_2018_zpsd1llw4it.jpg

It plays and sounds great, the pickups were replaced with the PRS \m/ pickups, I don't know what the stock pups sounded like, but these are killer.

100_2020_zpsgwulferj.jpg

They forgot the combination on the right side so they pride it open:( I got the face plate back to some what flat with a tiny brass hammer.
Then went after the combination,.....it took about 10 minutes to figure it out.
How lucky can ya get!

I assume the strings are suppose to be 10 gauge (10,13,17,26,36,46), not what came on the guitar. I use D'Addario, I hope this is correct.

Looks great!

Too bad about the right side combination, glad you mostly sorted it out.

You can put whatever strings you want on there - there are no "right" strings, but if you change from the factory set (typically 10-46s as you selected) then adjustments to action, intonation and perhaps a truss rod tweak may be needed, and if you go thicker then the nut slots might need to be widened.

Loving the paisley case!

Congrats Gene! Nice Guitar...

Thanks all....I love this guitar! GTRMAV very nice store, I will need some pedals in the future, and another guitar.

The guitar came with 57/08s which would be much more vintage than what you have thinking the M pickups will send great :) in there congrats

Beautiful example of an MC58! I particularly love the wide fat flame on yours!

Got mine 1 year ago and LOVE IT!!! Mine had original 57/08s which for me are the bee's knees! That's right I said BEE's KNEES!" ;-)

But then I love vintage warm tones.

Enjoy!

Steve

Enjoy the new axe!

My first PRS was off ebay and it's my favorite one. Now it's all Craigslist but mby one day I'll buy strait from the factory!
Nice color on yours, looks clean.

Great guitar, bet it slays with those pups. I love them.

That was my guitar at one point. I put in the Metal pickups in it when I was in a hard rock/metal project a couple of years ago. My Custom 24 Floyd was my main guitar at the time so I wanted a similar tone in a fixed bridge model for dropped-D etc.

And its the Perfect weight too...

Back