prsprivatestockdweezil%20(2).jpg

prsprivatestockdweezil%20(3).jpg

prsprivatestockdweezil%20(4).jpg

prsprivatestockdweezil%20(5).jpg

prsprivatestockdweezil%20(6).jpg

prsprivatestockdweezil%20(7).jpg

prsprivatestockdweezil%20(8).jpg

prsprivatestockdweezil.jpg

Having seen this one in person, I have to say that it is an AMAZING finish. The fade is perfect and the color is to die for.

I never see you playing this guy in photos, Tim - do you gig em? This guitar reaffirmed my love for Sandstorm :D

themike said:
I never see you playing this guy in photos, Tim - do you gig em? This guitar reaffirmed my love for Sandstorm :D

I have not gigged this guitar yet - not sure if I will or not.

Very, very nice!

How are these to play? Is the shape awkward at all, or does it free you up in a way?

KazJY said:
Very, very nice!

How are these to play? Is the shape awkward at all, or does it free you up in a way?

It provides the best access to the top frets of any guitar I've ever played. It plays fantastic. Really fantastic. I've often considered trying to get another one.

hippietim said:
KazJY said:
Very, very nice!

It provides the best access to the top frets of any guitar I've ever played. It plays fantastic. Really fantastic. I've often considered trying to get another one.

I remember when they came out, called WW to inquire about the price, and just wasn't ready. One has to wonder if they'd become a production item, but yours looks like a sweetie! :mrgreen:

KazJY said:
I remember when they came out, called WW to inquire about the price, and just wasn't ready. One has to wonder if they'd become a production item, but yours looks like a sweetie! :mrgreen:

I doubt they'd ever go into production, but they may be available as a PS shape when the initial run is completely sold out? Who knows, just a guess...

themike said:
KazJY said:

I doubt they'd ever go into production, but they may be available as a PS shape when the initial run is completely sold out? Who knows, just a guess...

AFAIK they are available as a PS shape.

How about some imaginary Dweezils?!? I've been messing around with a few variations on that body style with photoshop.

Original Pic

PSOrig.jpg

Shifted volume knob, removed mini switches

Mando59.jpg

Same as above, but with 408's

PSChop.jpg

That's my charcoal beauty. I considered carefully the 408's but opted not to go that route for 2 reasons: 1) With the odd shape of the 408's you are kinda stuck with them if you ever decided to swap them. 2) I have only seen white plastic mounting rings for the 408's and everything else on the guitar is ebony. If you want to see a Dweezil cut PS with 408's then a jade one can be found in the sold private stock section of Willcutt's website. I am very happy with the 59/09's, and doubt that I will ever swap them. For a higher output pickup they have superior definition, articulation, serperation, clarity, punch, and TONE! Yes the 408's split sweeter than anything else existing at present, but my rigs have always included a footswitchable path around the split/tapped pickup volume drop. So simultaniously stomping a footswitch while flipping a switch or push/pull has never been a hassle to me. Keep dreaming though....that's why they're called "Dream Gtrs"!!!!

Back