Doug Sewell modified my Blackstar HT-5RH(my apologies in advance)!!

Deedsoftommy

I ♡ chip's n' salsa.
I know what you're thinking. The title is a cheap shot to get you to open this thread up. And YOU'RE RIGHT!! ❤

Just a question that doesn't hurt to ask. But,

Does PRS do other amp brand modifications?? As in circuits, tolex, and front custom wood panel????

Any info is GREATLY appriciated! :D

You won't have it once the 15 watt Tremonti amp comes out anyway. You'll trade it in for for the Tremonti... and THEN....

Not a chance in Hell. Not even a sliver of a chance, and why would they even consider it?

You think PRS is some guy in a garage modding other builders' guitars and amps??

I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask, unless you ask it the way you did, which is awfully bush league.

a2dfd343d330826afbf1a4b7d772201f412080c4a9b95fd10b5e2bd11cda57fb_zpsscfrcolw.jpg

-1 for deceptive and blatantly false thread title click bait garbage trash

He also swept my back porch, shoveled the driveway snow, and baked me some cookies. Just before, he tackled an angel to steal a feather (which is what he uses to make PRS amps). All of that before noon. Busy day. :D

he replaced the battery in my smoke detector... when it didn't even need one. While he was in there, he changed the frequency it puts out when it goes off, to one that was smoother and less harsh. He was going to put a tube rectifier in it, but there wasn't enough space inside.

Oh, and he added a flamed maple panel and super bright LED.

Just wanted to provide an update. With the super bright LED that Doug installed, I no longer need a nightlight. Thanks to Doug, I have a beautiful blue glow on everything in the main hallway!

You guys are selfish, making him do all this work for you. I had him over for some BBQ, and to chill. He was so exhausted I let him crash on my couch. Through the miracle of osmosis he imparted his wizardry into one of my throw pillows. He was so grateful for the rest he left me instructions in Klingon on how to retrieve said knowledge from my pillow! I'm so nervous about losing it, or having one of the pups tear it to shreds, I've got Chuck Norris guarding it 24x7.

You guys are selfish, making him do all this work for you. I had him over for some BBQ, and to chill. He was so exhausted I let him crash on my couch. Through the miracle of osmosis he imparted his wizardry into one of my throw pillows. He was so grateful for the rest he left me instructions in Klingon on how to retrieve said knowledge from my pillow! I'm so nervous about losing it, or having one of the pups tear it to shreds, I've got Chuck Norris guarding it 24x7.

Dude, you HAVE to put that pillow inside your speaker cab. That Sewell Mojo Insulation Pillow will transform that cab into a magic tone of the Gods spewing machine!

I had Doug over to watch the Packers/Cowboys game. Pregame, I grilled him up some brats. We drank copious amounts of Wisconsin craft beer. When I ran to the store to buy more cheese, he went through my garage and built me 3 amps out of random crap I had laying around. We got completely wrecked during the game. When the Pack won on the last second FG, ole Doug got up...mad as hell...grabbed a baseball bat and smashed all 3 amps to pieces. After witnessing the way he swung the bat, we discussed his options as maybe being a pinch hitter in MLB. Right then, he remembered the pics I snapped of him wearing that goofy cheese wedge on his head. Unfortunately my phone took the same way of 3 custom garage amps.

After the Pack got crushed by Atlanta last Sunday, Doug, in jolly spirits, offered to rebuild the amps for me to somehow try to console me. Cause he's nice guy like that.

I think at this point we should nominate him for sainthood, or something. Is that pope position coming up for re-election any time soon?

Back