Do you use humidifiers with your electrics?

jw3571

It's around 20% inside my home, i use humidifiers with my acoustics but was wondering about the electrics?

I use a room humidifier to bring the RH up to 40-45%,. I keep the guitars in their cases, but don't keep a humidifier inside the case.

What this does is keep the guitars in a stable humidity year-round. I very rarely need to make adjustments to the action this way, and I never get sharp fret ends on the necks.

I also keep acoustics this way, which avoids the issue of drippy stuff inside guitar cases, etc.

The guitars think they're living in a nice climate, just as though it's spring or summer. ;)

This is not too high a humidity for electronics; most computer clean rooms use humidifiers to keep the RH at around the same percentages and prevent static charges from contaminating data.

I usually keep my guitars out so I don't put anything in the cases, but I do use a room humidifier to keep it at 40-45% humidity.

I have a humidifier built into the HVAC. It rarely gets below 40% in my basement guitar room...

Jamie

I have a humidifier built into the HVAC. It rarely gets below 40% in my basement guitar room...

Jamie

You're lucky!

In Michigan, I have a humidifier built into the HVAC and in winter, I'm lucky to see 27% in the rest of the house. I got tired of sharp fret ends, constant neck adjustments, etc. So a room humidifier helps. I have an Air-O-Swiss that works very well.

I usually keep my guitars out so I don't put anything in the cases, but I do use a room humidifier to keep it at 40-45% humidity.

Same here. Just picked up a new Holmes cool mist humidifier from Target for around $75. I like it because it has two reservoirs that each hold over 2 gallons, so it runs for 2-3 days before I have to refill it, and each reservoir is independent, so I can fill the empty one while the humidifier is using the full one.

I have one in my HVAC system and a separate unit in my studio for those rare occasions where the humidity dips into the low 40%'s, and I also have a dehumidifier for the summers when the levels get up around 60%

Back