Do the PRS CE 24 Standard include a hardshell case?

keteymphorta

Hello everyone! I'm new over here, and I'm thinking of buying my first PRS guitar.

Since I can't get any PRS guitar for a decent price in my country, I will probably bring one with me in my next trip to the US.

I have a CE 24 Standard in mind, which I have seen in the Musician's Friend page. It says that it includes a hardshell case, which I found strange, since there are PRS guitars that are more expensive and do not include a case. So the question is: does it really come with a case? If it doesn't, which one would you recommend?

Since it's my first post, I can't post the link of the guitar, but you can search for it in the Musician's Friend page.

Thank you! And please sorry if there are any mistakes in my writing, as you may have guessed, English isn't my main language.

As far as I know, the CE24s come with a gig bag. However, that isn't to stop someone like Musician's Friend offering one with a hardshell case, especially since they were late-2016 models (if you are looking at a CE 24 Satin Standard).

Or it could be a typo on their part, if they cut-and-pasted the format from another PRS.

I will say that the PRS guitars that are more expensive than the CE24 line will come with a hardshell case almost always though.

EDIT to clarify: the S2 line sits just below the CE line, in general, price wise, so I am referring to the "Core" line when I say the PRS guitars more expensive than the CE24 line. The CE 24 Standard Satin pricing seems to be positioned a fair bit below the normal CE 24 prices, even below some S2 prices.

Last edited:
Hmm, looking on MF, these seem to be a new run of CE 24 Standard Satins, since the colors are not the same as the 2016 run, and the listings say "NEW".

Well, maybe PRS or MF have sweetened the seal by throwing in the hardshell case - if you buy one, make sure to take a screenshot in case it doesn't arrive that way!

Back