Did Mayer abandon the JMOD?

VirginiaAve

At the Hollywood Bowl shows at least, he has been playing a Dumble.

No PRS amp onstage. Every night has been a Fender for the 2nd amp

Anyone know the story?

Here's a video from May 11th at the O2. PRS amps and a single Vibroking. See time about @10:00 where he picks up his Super Eagle. So one or two shows, here and there, might not mean much at this time, I guess it just depends on what he's got in cartage where he's got the gig. Right? He's doing the 'Dead and Company' thing right now.

I'm guessing since his gear is stored in LA, he opted for the Dumbleland (and a Dual Professional). We'll see when the tour moves eastward if the J-MODs re-appear. At least he's using a McCarty 594 and the McCarty Trem

I'm guessing since his gear is stored in LA, he opted for the Dumbleland (and a Dual Professional). We'll see when the tour moves eastward if the J-MODs re-appear. At least he's using a McCarty 594 and the McCarty Trem

At the 1:13 mark you can clearly see there's a Fender Vibroking right beside the Dumble head and cabinet. Of course it's a different concert venue, but I never seen a Fender Dual Professional 100 watt head on stage. It's possible he's pulled one out somewhere, sometime. I've also seen the Vibroking when he's been using the JMOD rig too.

Thanks. Was really think more about Dead tour since the amp and guitar were built for that music. Will be interested to see if it comes back out

At the 1:13 mark you can clearly see there's a Fender Vibroking right beside the Dumble head and cabinet. Of course it's a different concert venue, but I never seen a Fender Dual Professional 100 watt head on stage. It's possible he's pulled one out somewhere, sometime. I've also seen the Vibroking when he's been using the JMOD rig too.

DC-L4LM-23-decfa-0x588.jpg

Dual Professional combo in Hollywood and the Teal McCarty 594 on the stand. I'm looking for some pics from Shoreline, CA last night. Trampas Green Super Eagle and an old core model - Red, 3 knobs, tune o matic and stop tail.

While we're at it, the tweed box on top of the Dual Professional is a Victoria Reverberato....serious big bucks for that unit. You could buy a new Archon 100 watt head for that kind of money.

Dumble is still on stage in Utah...hmmm....???

Well he's still west of the Mississippi so it still maybe a 'cartage' rig thing; They'll be in Atlanta on the 13th. On the other hand, once the gear is loaded out, everything fits in the semi-trailers for the tour, he might just use this configuration for the rest of the tour? Just speculating here...

https://www.deadandcompany.com/

Well he's still west of the Mississippi so it still maybe a 'cartage' rig thing; They'll be in Atlanta on the 13th. On the other hand, once the gear is loaded out, everything fits in the semi-trailers for the tour, he might just use this configuration for the rest of the tour? Just speculating here...

https://www.deadandcompany.com/
I'll find out a week from tonight, I'll be at the Burgettstown/Pittsburgh show

At the Hartford show Sunday he played through two Jmod setups and played several PRS guitars including the Strat Prototype, a red PS that looked like a 594 but didn't have the toggle on the upper horn, a CE to open the blues trio segment, and the Super Eagle. He of course sounded killer all night long.

I heard he burned it and pissed on the ashes. And he's signing with Epiphone. And he said tonewoods don't make any different sounds. And Tele.

Back