DGT Tremelo Setup/Action

king tone

Hi, first official post here. I have had a handful of PRS guitars over the years but never dug deep in the forum. Anyhow...I have recently gotten a pre-owned DGT and I am trying to set it up properly and have run into a couple of snags. The/a previous owner had it pretty far from a stock/good setup. I realize that the nut is to low(I tried the test by holding strings at the third fret and pinging them, wound strings not working too well) I have it mostly there(I have been setting up guitars for a long time!) but the other part is the tremelo setup. I never moved the pivot screws on any that I owned or ever worked on but these need it. I tried putting the bridge at 1/16 off the body...the saddles are pretty much bottomed out...it's almost right there but seems like maybe they should not have to be bottomed out...never had that before...anyhow...your thoughts...thanks

This page is a great resource: http://prsguitars.com/csc/bridges.html

The E saddles do ride really low, looking at my CU22. So, it sounds like you are in the right range:
The Bridge saddles should be low in the range of adjustment to keep the action low and leverage of the bridge in good working order. They should be adjusted so that the height of the string at the top of the 12th fret to the bottom of the string is 2/32".

Back