DGT pickups vs 57/08 your thoughts...

king tone

I would love to hear your thoughts on the difference between these two?

Preferences?

I just got a DGT but I seem to remember hearing the 57/08s on a friends guitar years ago and thought they were really good.

57/08s sound close to the DGTs, just a little more "oomph" - little more power. I've had 57/08s in my DGT since 2009, and have never looked back.

Don't tell anyone, but I traded the DGT pickups to a buddy for a pedal...those pickups are now installed in a Les Paul!!

Thanks for the reply. It seems like I have read mixed views as far as which is the hotter pickups, the dgt or 57/08. I was thinking dc resistance was higher on the dgt pickups. Of course that is only one part of the equation but anyhow good conversation. I doubt that I would change the ones in my guitar, I was just wondering if it is different to have another guitar with the 57/08 set down the road.

57/08s sound close to the DGTs, just a little more "oomph" - little more power. I've had 57/08s in my DGT since 2009, and have never looked back.

Don't tell anyone, but I traded the DGT pickups to a buddy for a pedal...those pickups are now installed in a Les Paul!!

Probably a noticeable improvement however I do like their 57 classics.

Reactions: JJJ
Back