DGT Neck Carve

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by AtomicBlaze, Dec 1, 2017.

1. AtomicBlaze

AtomicBlaze New Member

Is the DGT neck a soft V or is it a C neck? I see measurements of the Depth online but not the carve type.

Geo408 likes this.
  2. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

I would say more V because I'm not a fan of C. Since I love the neck on my DGT, it can't be C!

AtomicBlaze likes this.
  3. Boogie

Boogie SuperD

Yeah, I agree with Bodia...not a C carve. It’s certainly not a traditional V, either. Pickup any PRS with a Pattern regular neck and you are very close to a DGT, IMO. Mr. Grissom likes rolled fretboard edges, so it’s extremely comfortable and makes those big strings feel effortless.

4. Trea

Trea New Member

To me it's similar to a pattern regular but narrower at the nut. Disclaimer: I have not measured them nor am I inclined to when I get home but that's what it feels like to me.

5. Jedi

Jedi New Member

Feels like a "C" to me...like a 335 profile. YMMV.

6. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan DGT Club Vice President

I'll go feel it later - you can watch if you like.

I would say more C or D....it's not a V, like a Clapton.

bodia likes this.
  7. shallbe

shallbe New Member

I don't feel a V to it at all, not even a soft V. I have 4 guitars with soft V carves, and that means noticeably more wood in the center of the neck. I don't get that with my DGT Artist. Feels like a great C shape with really rolled edges. It is a wonderful neck carve, though, and you can tell a lot of thought was put into it in terms of how it fits in your hand and wrapping your thumb if desired.

8. kes7u

kes7u Wife's husband and Dog's dad

Confused. I thought pattern regular was the narrowest neck at the nut. Is the DGT even narrower?? That would be pushing it, in my book.

Kevin

9. Rider1260

Rider1260 New Member

I will measure mine
    The DGT neck feels like a cross between a Standard ( Pattern Reg ) and a Wide Fat to me.
    I do not feel and V shape to mine

10. Trea

Trea New Member

My apologies, the neck I was comparing it to is a pattern, not pattern regular. I have 3 PRSi all with different neck shapes. A Wide Fat, a pattern, and the DGT. The DGT is fuller than the pattern and seems narrower at the nut. That is only based on how it feels to me. YMMV of course. I don't notice any sort of a V to the shape.

kes7u likes this.
  11. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

I have to agree that it really isn't a V as I said earlier. I mostly said that because I don't care for C, but I love the DGT. In my mind, that means it can't be a C! :D

IIRC, it was a hybrid of two. Like it starts as WF and then morphs in to Standard, or something like that. All I know is, I really like it!

Trea likes this.