DGT chipping on neck...weird looking chip?

Jedi

I know there have been some issues with the V12 finish and from what I understand PRS has been great about taking care of it of you are the original owner. My question is related to a chip on the edge of my DGT goldtop / darkback neck up near the fret tang. What is weird about it is that the layer below looks white? Is this the base coat....in all the years I have never seen a chipped area look white? It almost looks like a blister. I would think if the finish chipped I would see the edge of the rosewood board.

Can anyone shed any info on the V12 finish or why the base coat looks white? Or is this a problem with the V12 on some guitars. I also noticed a couple really small chips where my arm rubs on the body while playing. I may have mentioned this previously.

Thanks!

A pic would be helpful. Could be the result of the fretboard shrinking (humidity changes?) and the finish/seal bubbling up around the fret.

It's not the V12. The old poly finish occasionally chipped along the fretboard edge in the same way, including a white line around the edge of the chip.

Rosewood is naturally oily, and I think that's the source of it on the fretboard edge, but that's just a wild guess on my part.

Had the same thing on the neck of my old 2008 SC250, which was Poly finish

I had the same thing on my 2013 SC 245. I contacted the PTC, they refinished/fixed the issue and returned it to me within a month. All I had to do was pay for the shipping there, well worth it!

Back