DG30 As A Pedal Platform - Les' Demo

László

Too Many Notes
This little blues number was something I wrote for practice, it's nothin' special. But I sometimes record my practicing, and this tone seemed pretty darn cool!

Ignore the mediocre playing, I left it "as-is," but I think the tone is worthy, though.

McCarty, Neck Pickup, Xotic BB, Suhr Tremolo, Eventide H9, DG30 & Cab, SM57.

Edit - I shortened the track and mixed it a little better.

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/pedal-logic-3

Last edited:
Dig! Appreciate the way you pushed the tremolo just to the point where it had very distinctive effect without washing out the definition of your playing. What was the H9 running?

I liked your settings being just on the edge of break up so just digging in a little brought it out.

Because it was just done for a practice noodle, the thing isn't very good, playing sloppy, bad mix. I like the tone, though. I did a little work shortening it, maybe a better mix now.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys.

If it sounds good, give credit to PRS. The 58/15 neck pickup on the McCarty is to die for; for this track I had the volume rolled back to about 7-8.

And the DG30, I mean, you really have to work at it in order to get a bad tone out of the thing.

It's simply a tremendous amp, and as a pedal platform I like it better than anything else out there right now. It seems to "mind meld" with pedals. Just sounds great with everything, even though it has its own tone.

The Xotic BB is a great pedal with it, but I haven't tried a pedal that wasn't great with the DG30. It just has a beautiful tone.

Back