Dented my Custom 24 top.. possible to fix?

Rocknrory

Hey everyone. I just accidentally dented my 11' Custom 24 with a small crystal rock while being an absolute imbecile while using the stone to hold up a tapestry to record a video, while my guitar was below on the ground. The stone fell and hit the top right of the guitar, on the cutaway.

I'm furious, sad, and disappointed at myself. I shouldn't have put my guitar where it was. I wasn't thinking.
I just got it playing properly too...

Attached is a photo of the dent. Is it at all possible for the PTC to fix such a dent on the top? If so, I'm curious how much it would cost, and how big of a process it would be.

Truly disappointed, some cheering up would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

19oz1s.jpg
[/IMG]
19oz1s.jpg

that looks like an easy one to fix PTC will take good care of you just send them an email or call to get an RA # if you send them the pic that can give you an estimate

It's totally ruined. The only appropriate course of action is to send it to me for proper disposal. :D

In all seriousness I know how it is to ding a guitar. The first one sucks especially if it's on the top. But hey at least you got that one out of the way. Now you can concentrate on just playing the poop out of it. ;)

So...How much does this custom shop reliced guitar go for. I bet a good chunk of change. I hope you're OK with the humor as I know how utterly painful it is to ding your axe. The only way I know of to not nick your git is to not play it. I had a friend who had 6 kids and when he bought a new car he would spill a drink on purpose just to be the first.

Hey everyone. I just accidentally dented my 11' Custom 24 with a small crystal rock while being an absolute imbecile while using the stone to hold up a tapestry to record a video, while my guitar was below on the ground. The stone fell and hit the top right of the guitar, on the cutaway.

I'm furious, sad, and disappointed at myself. I shouldn't have put my guitar where it was. I wasn't thinking.
I just got it playing properly too...

Attached is a photo of the dent. Is it at all possible for the PTC to fix such a dent on the top? If so, I'm curious how much it would cost, and how big of a process it would be.

Truly disappointed, some cheering up would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

19oz1s.jpg
[/IMG]
19oz1s.jpg

Don't sweat it too much. It happens.

Some commiseration:
Buddy of mine got a CU24 for Christmas one year. He took the guitar out of the case, held it up to admire it and immediately whacked the headstock on the ceiling fan.

I banged the crap out of my CU24 just laying on the couch. Neck slipped from my hand and the headstock nailed the coffee table.

I took a chunk of finish out of my HBII headstock being careless with a string winder.

My biggest dummy move was with a couple Strats, though. One was sitting in its open case on the floor where I was sitting and changing strings on the other one. Neck slipped out of my hand and the back of the headstock hit the body of the guitar in the case and bounced, leaving four dents about like you pictured.

I got more where that came from...

And, no judgement from me, but that utterly outlandish sotry of how you got the dent is a fantastic conversation piece.

Not trying to take money from the PTC's wallet, but I'd just enjoy that cyrstal dent.

newyearresolutions-1050x700.jpg

Here, have some weird random google "healing crystal" image search action.....

fyi you could wick a tiny amount of thin CA (super glue) into that chip and it would become much less noticeable. if youre adventurous you could go a few steps further and fill it yourself.

Back