Delete That Song!

Blister In The Sun
Layla
Sweet Home Alabama
Old Time Rock and Roll

Anything by Nirvana, Submlime, Def Leppard, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Kings of Leon

Any Metallica after Master of Puppets

I've been singing "No More Walks In The Woods" in my head all day. I lovez me some Eagles.

Anything by Coldplay, Fergie and/or Black Eyed Peas (especially their crime against humanity of a halftime show at the Super Bowl), Kesha, Sean Paul (most annoying voice I've ever heard and never understood), Avril Lavigne, Give Me Everything by Pitbull, Dynamite by Taio Cruz, and any other song that proclaims anything to the effect of "I was like uhh" or "throw your hands in the air" and similar nonsense. Free Falling by Tom Petty, and +1 for whoever previously mentioned all the one-hit-wonder rap and R&B artists. WHEW. Bad thread for me to even open, I live directly above the most popular bar in my area of Boston and let me tell you, I've heard a few songs more than once, pounding through my walls...

Also, "Your Body is a Wonderland" by John Mayer, but I do love all his stuff since Continuum, and he probably never would've gotten where he is without that song... well played John. Well played.

Anything by Coldplay, Fergie and/or Black Eyed Peas (especially their crime against humanity of a halftime show at the Super Bowl), Kesha, Sean Paul (most annoying voice I've ever heard and never understood), Avril Lavigne, Give Me Everything by Pitbull, Dynamite by Taio Cruz, and any other song that proclaims anything to the effect of "I was like uhh" or "throw your hands in the air" and similar nonsense.

Yes, yes, YES! Total agreement here.

Goldtop

Thanks Goldtop. Ran across this just now on Facebook and couldn't resist... I think it sums things up pretty well.

7694878956_981ebb9d87.jpg

Does it ever! Beautiful! Thanks for posting that.

Goldtop

Well, then again there was, "How Much Is That Doggy In The Window," "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini," "Rag Mop," "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer," and other such classics that charted during the Sinatra years. And um...he didn't write his own lyrics. ;)

We tend to look back with rose-colored glasses at the "good old days." Fact is, there's always been good stuff (still is) and there's always been junk.

And no one ever agrees on which is which..

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;17713 said:
I had a nice date with the wife this evening but the bar was playing the WORST music.

It got us thinking about songs or even artists we wish we could "never EVER hear again."

On my list:
2 Princes - Spin Doctors
Walking on the Sun - Smash Mouth
How Bizarre - OMC
Pretty much everything from the Hip hop community

What would you delete forever if you had the power?

I like Two Princes. HATE...Jewel! YUCK. Beck, Danzig(and associated garbage acts of that genre), Bjork, The Cranberries, 10,000 Maniacs and U2, David Bowie(especially "Dancing In The Streets" w/Mick Jagger) Pinball Wizard, anything by Jethro Tull, a lot of '80's garbage, The Band, Black Magic Woman/Oya Como Va, Cocaine.

Last edited:
Anything by Neil Young that has Nicolette Larson, Pearl Jam, the Blue Notes or a CD title with the words "Prairie" or "Harvest Moon" in it. :eek:

Which, truth be told.....and in all fairness...only represents about 1/1,000 of his catalog. Neil's Rockin' in the free World! Like a Hurricane!! :)

Let's start with several bar band standards.

Keep Your Hands to Yourself
Gimme Three Steps
Play The Funky Music
Brown Eyed Girl
Old Time Rock and Roll

Let's add anything by the Foo Fighters (I want the money and the forty-eight minutes of my life back that I wasted on "Wasting Light"), Nirvana, all hip-hop (which isn't technically music because it does not contain harmony or melody), pretty boy Nashville pop, and 99% of the heavier rock that has been recorded since 2000. I like Tim's idea of retiring CCR and Def Leppard. However, Def Leppard is one of my wife's favorite bands, so I am stuck listening to their music in her car. :eek:

I like Two Princes.

I like Two Princes too. (and let the stoning begin...)

Anything by Neil Young that has Nicolette Larson, Pearl Jam, the Blue Notes or a CD title with the words "Prairie" or "Harvest Moon" in it. :eek:

I was under the impression it was Neil Young who destroyed Pearl Jam's carrier, inspiring them to be folkier and folkier, so now we have Eddie Vedder playing the ukulele on his solo album. Scary.

Back to the subject, I hate almost everything that smells like mainstream (the Coldplay mentioned above are driving me crazy), but at the same time I love pop passages in extreme metal...
And Gotye's "Somebody that I used to know" is making me wanna tear my head off. Or anyone's head, doesn't matter.

Anything from that scumbag woman beater Chris Brown
I really detest that man and I don't think he should be enjoying fame and fortune. If we deleted his songs then he would be broke and then if he beats another woman he would get treated like anyone else would

Back