Deep Purple Or Judas Priest, Go!

Hmmm. Smoke On The Water was the first guitar thing I learned so I’ll go with that.

Deep Purple...more variety. Plus, Gillan, Coverdale, Glenn Hughes, and Joe Lynn Turner....c'mon. Not to mention the slightly different direction they've gone with Steve Morse. I really like their output with Morse. Of course, one of my all time favs....the gone to soon Tommy Bolin. And that organ work from Jon Lord!

Although, I have to say, I love Priest too!

What an odd A/B. I'm going to go with the JP.

Any day of the week, I'm going to crank "Hell Bent For Leather" louder than "Smoke On The Water" when driving. Hell, I was cranking "Breaking The Law" when I pulled up to get one of my kids from school the other day. I'm a clean cut guy and was in my office attire (business professional) and the Principals jaw dropped. It was as if I had a pledge pin on my uniform (different band.....but you get the picture). I got a lot of nasty looks from all of the soccer moms picking their kids up....but they were all 15 years younger than me....and most were wearing yoga pants......soooooo.....

Anyways, if I want to kick back on my patio with a nice cigar and a beer (or 9), Deep Purple for certain. I can certainly dig some Blackmore. The recording and production was OK even for the time, but they captured some killer tones and songs.

And that organ work from Jon Lord!

That's fresh for me because I've been blasting the hell out of Perfect Strangers all week.

Feel free to break out the torches and pitchforks... while I love both bands, I think DP brings greater variety and depth. Gotta go with them.

Back