Dear Santa

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
I would like a pair of Stacked 4x12 cabs with a Blistertone amp on top - all in Eriza Verde tolex and a hand-signed gold logo on an Eriza Verde staind artist quilt maple front panel.

Thanks.

Dear Santa....please...after you stop by Colorado...please drop off the same package at my house in NJ. If I'm not home, you can leave it in front of the driveway. It wll be safe.

Possibly my ideal PRS amp-cab configuration. since I can't wait until December, I may have to bug Brent now. Since he's in Canada, he's closer to St. Nick anyway.

Dear Santa -

My request is a 50-watt MDT with a 6L6 power section, and a 2x12 cab....all in white tolex.

See you in December!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Santa,

I will take a Blistertone 'mini stack'.........20 watt Blistertone head, and two matching 1x12 cabinets........all in white tolex, gold piping, and a paisley covered faceplate on the head with gold logo and gold knobs........... :cool:

WEDGE said:
Santa,

I will take a Blistertone 'mini stack'.........20 watt Blistertone head, and two matching 1x12 cabinets........all in white tolex, gold piping, and a paisley covered faceplate on the head with gold logo and gold knobs........... :cool:
Why ya gotta be such a classy ho? :shock:

:lol:

Hans said:
WEDGE said:
Santa,

Why ya gotta be such a classy ho? :shock:

:lol:

I got champagne taste and a beer budget........ But a man has to have a dream :cool:

Dear Santa,
Please bring me 1/10th of Markie's basement collection, your choice (as long as there is one Siggy in the bunch) and all of the amps in his amp section. Just to be clear I do not want Mark's actual stuff, just the same stuff....

P.S. All PRSi on the guitars please...

Thank you...

Hans said:
I would like a pair of Stacked 4x12 cabs with a Blistertone amp on top - all in Eriza Verde tolex and a hand-signed gold logo on an Eriza Verde staind artist quilt maple front panel.

Thanks.
Sounds good. I was having a hard time deciding if I'd rather have the Blistertone or the MDT. My wife gave me a reprieve by buying me a 4x10 with an MDT stuffed inside.

veinbuster said:
Sounds good. I was having a hard time deciding if I'd rather have the Blistertone or the MDT. My wife gave me a reprieve by buying me a 4x10 with an MDT stuffed inside.

That's awesome :!:

Well it's happening.............incoming is a new PRS Blistertone head! Paisley covered 50 watt high gain goodness!

Amp is a 2009 model but technically new and never sold, it was a PRS show demo amp that was I think at a couple of Dallas shows and NAMM. I am dying to know more history of it and find who might have played through it if it was a show demo, hell even DG and PRSh might have ripped through it :) anyone know how I might chase the history of it?

Pics and report when it gets here. Now I need to score a paisley cabinet........anyone sitting on a clean used 2x12?

Well it's happening.............incoming is a new PRS Blistertone head! Paisley covered 50 watt high gain goodness!

Amp is a 2009 model but technically new and never sold, it was a PRS show demo amp that was I think at a couple of Dallas shows and NAMM. I am dying to know more history of it and find who might have played through it if it was a show demo, hell even DG and PRSh might have ripped through it :) anyone know how I might chase the history of it?

Pics and report when it gets here. Now I need to score a paisley cabinet........anyone sitting on a clean used 2x12?

Just adding that I recently got the Blistertone combo. It's a 1X12 custom version. I found the bass response to be a bit to strong. I added the PRS 4X10 open back paisley cabinet as an extension, and set both speakers to 4 ohms....now it's perfect! This cabinet balances out the extreme bass, and I am able to get gain/overdrive output without any pedals that is comparable to Brent Moss's demo video (The Guitar Shop, canada). Overall, the amp went from "OK" to "fantastic" by matching it to the correct cabinet. Good luck with yours!

That is interesting about the cabinet, do you have any insight into what single cabinet might be best suited to this head? I am very into high gain 80's type tones.

The following post should take into account my personal preferences and my limitations with regard to being able to provide an "accurate tone report". that being said, of all my PRS amps, I find that the best one at delivering very hi-gain at relatively lower volumes would be the HXDA. I have it running through two PRS 2X12 cabinets and it gets a real nice growl even when the master volume is at the equivalent of "2" (I think that would be around 7:O'clock on the knob). That is the only "head" version of my PRS amps. The blistertone sounded best through the 4X10. My MDT (410B) sounds great as a stand-alone 1X12 combo. My Dallas is running through a PRS 4X12 extension with great results. My 2 Channel "H" is using an extension 1X12 Avatar. These are the combinations that worked best for me after a lot of swapping and exchanging. My goal was to get each amp to be "articulate" in a clean mode, but extremely hi-gain, shredder metal when in "lead" mode. To reiterate, all the amps except for the HXDA are combos using the included speaker plus the extension cab. and, to restate the obvious, these are my personal preferences and I am acoustically challanged.

Last edited:
Dear PRS Collectors,

I was born wealthy, but when my parents died, I followed the injunctions of my faith and gave my entire inheritance to benefit the poor and the sick. I was imprisoned for this by the emperor Diocletian, and I suffered like many members of my sect. I later attended Constantine's Council of Nicaea, that established the tenets of what we today call Christianity.

I'm not giving you more stuff. Sorry. If you want more stuff than you have, you're going to have to go shopping like everyone else.

Your pal,

St. Nicholas

P.S. Hans, if you want more free PRS stuff, you might want to have your wife ask Saint Paul, not me. ;)

Last edited:
Les,

After 2 attempts to post a funny reply, I have given up. I can't seem to do it without violating the "no politics & no religion" rule. Given my role, I think I'd better not cross the line for fun - like I did in the old days.

Saint Paul (and others within the PRS family) has been very generous already. I wouldn't dare ask for anything. I once asked him to sell me some 53/10 pickups when they weren't available seperately. He called my wife, dimed me out for have 14 PRS Guitars (now at 23), and gave her the single-coolest PRS anyone could ever hope to own. And, while she probably couldn't tell "her guitar" from 1/2 of the others in the vault, it has been a source of great joy (and usually when she's at work). No doubt it will be passed to my daughter and (with luck) to her children.

All I need now is... you know... a pair of 4X12 cabs and a blistertone. In Eriza Verde.

Or Red. ;)

~Hans

P.S. I'm sending you a lump of coal.

Last edited:
Back