Dead & Co live at Blossum Music Center 6/28/17

These clips have been really catering to the gear geek in me. The variety of amp choices has been really interesting. Wondering why he's not using the new Super Eagle though. Still, I'm enjoying the music and the playing. Glad they are posting them....

These clips have been really catering to the gear geek in me. The variety of amp choices has been really interesting. Wondering why he's not using the new Super Eagle though. Still, I'm enjoying the music and the playing. Glad they are posting them....

He really seems to have changed gears from a guy that had the same set up night after night, to a guy that grabs what's in reach and goes.

The amount of how much I like John's guitar tone is proportionate to the amount of how much I don't like Bob's. So flimsy! o_O

The amount of how much I like John's guitar tone is proportionate to the amount of how much I don't like Bob's. So flimsy! o_O

Yeah his "tone" is weird to me. I don't know much about the Dead historically so I don't know if it's always been that way, but it always sounds like it's running through some kind of phaser and that he's playing right in front of the bridge. Maybe it's his signature sound or something. I have to say though that I've really enjoyed this Dead & Co stuff.

Back