David Grissom Sig Amp...

the story about DG's amp is so cool... ate least for me.
I am glad that my English is not that good, so I couldn't understand why all that anger and etc. anyway, back to the amp thing....

Seriously I know David has been working to get the "right" tone and sound on his signature amp. Yes he is picky, but he wants them to be perfect. He has often said when doing those Instore demo and clinics he didn't need to bring a guitar, because he could pull one off the wall and know he would get the sound and quality he expected. That's Shows confidence in the product and builder...

If this amp can replicate the awesome tone DG has on his tune Sqwawk, I guess my quest for an amp is over. All I will need to find next is a set of DG Sig pair of hands.

And I already have the matching Cherry Red Burst PRS, to boot... :wink:

If this amp can replicate the awesome tone DG has on his tune Sqwawk, I guess my quest for an amp is over. All I will need to find next is a set of DG Sig pair of hands.

You can already get the tone on Sqwawk... He used a PRS 25th amp and a Super Dallas; he posted which songs used what on his website. But yes, having DGh's hands and talent sure wouldn't hurt us mere mortals, either LOL!

And this is why we can't have nice things...

I go to Athens, GA, to visit UGA with my daughter. I'm gone for 24 hours and all hell breaks loose! Some people's children...

Don't make me turn this forum around!

Jamie

Last edited:
You can already get the tone on Sqwawk... He used a PRS 25th amp and a Super Dallas; he posted which songs used what on his website. But yes, having DGh's hands and talent sure wouldn't hurt us mere mortals, either LOL!

I was wondering about that. Thanks for the info. :top:

David says September... I'm thinking that might coincide with some kind of event or something of that sort... An Experience perhaps...;)

I want one of these...then again I want Boogie's Super Dallas!
Hahaha!! DG talked me into the Super Dallas at Exp 2012, and it took me 3 months to find one. I'm not letting go of it anytime soon, my friend. But if I do, I'll give you the first call. :proud:

If this new project is in the 30W range, I could be in a little trouble.:creep:

David says September... I'm thinking that might coincide with some kind of event or something of that sort... An Experience perhaps...

I just reread Sinner's post...

$*!&!!!

I'm really in trouble. Instead of spending money on gear I'm planning on taking my boys with me this year. Will they understand if I spend their return airfare on an amp?:dontknow: I'll just live vicariously thru Martysnarf, as long as he doesn't bring "The Duke".

Last edited:

I just reread Sinner's post...

$*!&!!!

I'm really in trouble. Instead of spending money on gear I'm planning on taking my boys with me this year. Will they understand if I spend their return airfare on an amp?:dontknow: I'll just live vicariously thru Martysnarf, as long as he doesn't bring "The Duke".

I know right!!!

Man - go to one minor league hockey game and I miss all the action!

Not sure what to expect out of these amps, but if they're anywhere near as good as the guitars, I think I know where my bonus is going this year... The DGT is pretty much a masterpiece in my eyes, and as much as I love my 408, I can't say it has totally replaced the DGT as my favorite. There are just some awesome tones in the DGT, and that neck is just the right size - it feels like it melts into my hand.

Now...where's the archives here????

Grissom at one time played a 100 watt 112 combo amp (reminds me of a boogie). Remembered him walking into a venue with just one guitar and that amp in his hand.

Back