Dallas variants break-down

Boogie

Zombie Two, DFZ
Can you guys help me identify the differences between the variations of the Dallas amp in the wild today? My objective is to determine if I focus on buying only one specific model (which could take a while finding used) or buy what's available and send it back to Doug & company for modification.

As I understand, these variations exist:
+ Dallas
+ Dallas II
+ Bugs Henderson edition Dallas
+ Super Dallas

What's the evolution of this line and what changes define each version? Has Cinemag produced all of the transformers from day-one and they changed the specs/taps for the Super, or have there been other brands and xformers? Is the Super the only one with the reverb circuit gain stage? Tone stack changes? Can I have fries with that??!!

Before I buy new and/or CAD, I'd like to own something close to what I pursue. The Super Dallas seems to be that amp. But can an original Dallas really be made into a Super Dallas? I venture a guess, no.

Thoughts?

Doesn't Ang have a Super Dallas and a Dallas? Maybe he can chime in.

You left one variation out - the CR Dallas :) I would just buy a Dallas and send it to Doug and say, make mine like Chris'.

You left one variation out - the CR Dallas :)

I think we all agree that Chris aptly penned the name 'Super Duper Dallas'. :rock:

Ang has a Super Dallas? That I didn't know. Maybe I need to call our 'ol buddy up for a consult. ;)

Just find the cheapest/used/NOS Dallas you can buy & have Doug whip up some mojo on it! I would kindly recommend the aforementioned "Super Duper" mod!

Back