Jesse

2EF59677-C4C6-4556-96E7-7136325D735F_zpscesszqov.jpg
Hey everyone.

Have a question regarding daisy chains, and which ones to get that provides the best sound. The set I currently have as of now are Power-All PA-9D Deluxe Kit.
https://www.long-mcquade.com/6936/G.../Godlyke/PA-9_Power-All_System_Deluxe_Kit.htm

I've been reading around, and folk's are saying these could cause buzzing/unwanted static noise through amps. All my pedals are Boss, I will leave a picture attached showing my set-up. Does anyone have a set of daisy chains that afe quiet, and reliable?

Not me - too much noise in my chain as well - Especially with single coil guitars.
Can't wait to hear what others have to say

I use OneSpots, similar in spec to the one you linked. I have a few boards of varying sizes, and the OneSpots seem to handle up to about 20 pedals just fine. No buzz/static. But I don't use those power-hungry digital pedals like Strymons. For what you have, my OneSpots would do just fine.

I also have a couple of Behringer power supplies that came with the clam-shell cased boards, and they aren't quite as good as the OneSpots, although they generally can power 12 Boss or similar pedals, but if one of them is a TR-2 the LED will be very dim (but the pedal will work!).

I used a One Spot when I got my first couple pedals. I didn't notice a ton of noise, but as my board got bigger, I upgraded to a Voodoo Lab Mondo.

With the pedal set up you have, a 1-spot should work fine.
But
The only way to truly eliminate buzz and power circuit feedback is to use an isolated power supply.

Each pedal should ideally be powered by an isolated outlet. A daisy chain is a noise magnet.

Voodoo Labs is a typical solution. There are many models available that have varying number of isolated outputs, each with their own power (current) rating. Ther is another brand out of Europe or the UK that is similar, can't remember the name or find them on Amazon to remind me, though..."Chokolat" might be one of their models...need more coffee...

Thanks guys, ill have a look into OneSpot! To have them isolated, what would you all reccomend?

Voodoo Labs has been the leader for awhile. MXR and Strymon both have new units out that are great!

Voodoo Labs is a typical solution. There are many models available that have varying number of isolated outputs, each with their own power (current) rating. Ther is another brand out of Europe or the UK that is similar, can't remember the name or find them on Amazon to remind me, though..."Chokolat" might be one of their models...need more coffee...
and for future reference, I finally remembered/looked up the other brand: Cioks. One model is called Ciokolate.

oh, and for the record, the buzzing might not be your pedal power supply - I recently noticed that with my rig at home, even with a guitar through battery powered dirt pedal (Boss SD-1) to amp, there was noise if I use my magnetic pickups (I often play using just the piezos on my P24, HB, etc). Regardless of which amp I use.

Only noticeable with the pedal engaged, providing gain to the noise source along with guitar signal.

I haven't tried to suss out the source, whether the mains power itself or just a really noise EM environment. So it might not be anything you can fix by upgrading the power supply.

Back