Custom Zach Myers PRS

all finished! And way better color pics! Much closer to how it looks in person.

0HhAYjK.jpg

0HhAYjK.jpg

Bby6zA8.jpg
Now that’s more “Peacock burst”!

So I got this guitar from Zach a couple of months ago. And since I've already got a few other ZM guitars I decided to make this one different!
So the mods will be:
Custom finish
Seymour Duncan antiquities
Mann made bridge
Mann made tuners
Cts pots
Crl switch
Custom wiring

So at this point I've got all the hardware, and the finish is done. I'll get it assembled in the next week or so.

I'll post photos along the way.

Before pix:
XPSO5Wh.jpg

Now:
QzFDMVE.jpg

AKg8JV8.jpg

ZaBM5lx.jpg
interesting for sure, I would need a second though since i love the trampassgreen for some reason.....

lol I was wondering that. Sounds like we have somehtingin common. Great that you and Zach are friends. How is the tuning in your stock one? Cannot keep min in tune for anything.

Of course for me its not a great big deal since I only play at home... badly lol.... Just re-learning its been a couple of decades since I was able to afford a guitar and have time to play. Did jazz bandinH.S. a very long time ago but this guitar is something else if only tuning wasnt such an issue. I also got a PRS A10 ANgelus that stays in tune and sounds awesome.

lol I was wondering that. Sounds like we have somehtingin common. Great that you and Zach are friends. How is the tuning in your stock one? Cannot keep min in tune for anything.

I honestly don't play this one much. But what little I have played it I've had no problems.

thanks for the reply. I'm thinking must be the nut so i guess i'lljust first try some graphite in the slots n go from there. have a great sunday
I have one string on my Blach Myer that jumps above and below every time I try and tune it. I've taken to pressing down on the strings above the nut while I'm still low to get it to jump up to in tune when it's at the right place. I should probably try graphite.

I have one string on my Blach Myer that jumps above and below every time I try and tune it. I've taken to pressing down on the strings above the nut while I'm still low to get it to jump up to in tune when it's at the right place. I should probably try graphite.
it's an easy fix sometimes jsut a pencil lead in the slots. I've been working it today. I changed to some 8's I had laying around and it tuned and stayed perfectly so I think definatly the slots in the nut. I switched back after adding pencil lead to the slots and its staying tuned better for sure. Now I get 15 minutes of playing beofre they need retuned and now just two strings so more graphite to come. After I actuially get to talk with PRS I might widen the slots a bit but want to make sure it won't void my warranty. Aftert all the babie's only a week old..... lol....

Last edited:
So I got this guitar from Zach a couple of months ago. And since I've already got a few other ZM guitars I decided to make this one different!
So the mods will be:
Custom finish
Seymour Duncan antiquities
Mann made bridge
Mann made tuners
Cts pots
Crl switch
Custom wiring

So at this point I've got all the hardware, and the finish is done. I'll get it assembled in the next week or so.

I'll post photos along the way.

Did you do the refinish yourself? Love the color.

Back