Custom 50 Head Newb

Squidfiddle

I just ordered a custom 50 head from sweetwater. I wont get it until May 10th. :(
I was not looking for a new amp. I just happened to come across a video of this cat on youtube and his tone is epic. I can not post links but the title is Simon McBride talks and plays through his pedalboard. One smooth player for sure. I just love the tone he is getting. I have a mesa mark v and a roadster. The roadster is fizzy to me but I do love the Mark. Both amps are a bear to dial in which makes the simplicity of the Custom 50 appealing to me. I have been looking all over the net for info which is how I landed here. I dont have any questions yet I just wanted to say hello. Sorry for the long post...

Welcome, and great first post! Simon is a complete monster player and you've picked a good one for a tone mentor. PRS is full of them...Carlos, Tremonti, David Grissom (guitar+amp), Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes (amp)...the list goes on and on. Bringing pedals into the equation just broadens your palette (and lightens your wallet), so feel free to visit the 'Show your pedalboard" thread and join the insanity. :cool:

You're in for a treat! The Custom 50 is a wonderful amp. Just played mine with the band lastnight and it was smokin as usual. Very easy to dial in, LOUD, and the clean channel is the perfect for pedals.

Thanks guys, Im really excited to be joining the PRS family. I recently purchased a custom 24 used. I sent it to PRS and they did a set up and leveled and crowned the frets. I had them replace the 5 way knob with a 3 way switch. I love it!! Unfortunately I sold most of my pedals to cover the purchase of the new amp. I still have my timeline and flint. I will rebuild...LOL :D

Welcome to the Custom 50 club! I have the combo version. The versatility of this amp is amazing.
Enjoy (when you finally get it), you chose well.

I build pedals and I don't use them much with my H ( the older version of the Custom ) the gain channel just works for me :)

Back