Custom 24 vs 24-08/35th

eliju

Those of you with the 24-08 or 24 Anniversary edition. How are you liking the toggle switches? I’d really like a 35th but since they’re quite a bit more than a regular 24 used I’m wondering if I really need the extra options. Position 2 sounds like it would work great for funk and pos 4 has an almost acoustic quality to it. Do the other combinations allowed by the toggles really give you significantly different sounds? What do you find yourself using the most?

I just pulled the trigger on my new 24-08. I hope it blows me away!
Do you also have a regular 24? If so I’d like to hear your thoughts on the extra pickup settings when you get it

I had a custom 24 with 5 way switch and decided to buy a 24-08. I like them both but the 24-08 provides more pickup combinations and the switching is easier to do on the fly than with the 5 way switch.

I had a custom 24 with 5 way switch and decided to buy a 24-08. I like them both but the 24-08 provides more pickup combinations and the switching is easier to do on the fly than with the 5 way switch.

Same. Plus the single coil sound on neck pickup is really cool and something you don’t get with the custom 24.

I have three customs one with the blade. I far prefer the toggle switch especially when playing live.

I have three customs one with the blade. I far prefer the toggle switch especially when playing live.
My WL has the blade, and I’ve talked myself into the idea that these are carefully curated sound choices by the master.

And I could totally see how gigging it would be harder.

Back