Custom 24 appreciation post (video included)

Lbushwhack88

Hey everyone! I've spent a few months with this guitar now, and I still just love love love it! I went with the 2014 custom 24 in faded whale, and while it was a bank breaker for me, I can't say enough good things about it. I found a killer groove track resembling the outro to Rosanna (one of the best grooves of all time), and I decided to take her for a spin! I hope you enjoy!

The guitar holds tune really well with pretty liberal trem bar use, and the tone this thing is spitting out is awesome, this tone is from my practice rig and still sounds killer!

Soundin’ nice!
Thanks Sergio! Amazing how good this guitar makes a crappy distortion setting from a me-50 into a HRD sound haha.

Unfortunately for the life of me I just can NOT alternate pick effectively (after changing my grip and pick angle like 10+ times I can finally do it controlled on a single string, but changing strings is still an absolute disaster), so I ended up figuring out that hybrid picking works much better for my leads. I got a little busy in this video, but how can you not playing over that oh so juicy track lol.

Maybe after another 15 years of playing I'll be able to change strings with my alternate picking!

Nice groove dude.

Interesting that your left hand relaxes in a major 7th shape over the fretboard as you solo!

Thanks Sergio! Amazing how good this guitar makes a crappy distortion setting from a me-50 into a HRD sound haha.

Unfortunately for the life of me I just can NOT alternate pick effectively (after changing my grip and pick angle like 10+ times I can finally do it controlled on a single string, but changing strings is still an absolute disaster), so I ended up figuring out that hybrid picking works much better for my leads. I got a little busy in this video, but how can you not playing over that oh so juicy track lol.

Maybe after another 15 years of playing I'll be able to change strings with my alternate picking!

Ha! Whatever!! Your hybrid picking is hot! I can alternate pick all day and never do what you do. I say forget about it, it makes you have your own unique style, which is more important.

Back