Could you help me finding THE 594?

Basauri

Diamonds x Guitars deal with Paul
As many of you may know, my wife made a deal with Paul at the Experience: diamonds x guitars bla bla bla.... long story short, the time has finally arrived and I intend to buy my McCarty 594.
I´ll be in Seattle in september, so my search will be there. I couldn´t save enough money last year so my purchase should be a plain core, or a used 10top/wood library/artist package.
These are the specs I would like to find:

- Classic color, better if dark. Black gold burst with natural binding being the most desirable.
- Lightweight, 8lb or under if possible
- Rosewood neck with brazilian fretboard if possible

Of course, I´ll be flexible with the specs depending on what´s on the market at the moment.
Do you know where should I start looking or what stores/markets should I search in that city?

Thank you!

prs-mccarty-594-wood-library-black-gold-burst-exposed-binding-matching-flame-neck-[2]-19236-p.jpg

I live on the east side of the greater Seattle area - highly recommend James at the Guitar Store in the Green Lake area on Aurora. He's been posting some of his 594 wood library runs in the dealer thread recently that may fit the bill.

Last edited:
Careful what you buy while you're here. That rosewood is going to require CITES paperwork in order to go back to Spain (right?) with you. Export paperwork from the store, and import paperwork from you.

Spain is correct, yes.

I´m not very sure with that. Last thing I know is that you have to declare if carrying 20lb of rosewood or more. I´m guessing that the law is focused in furniture or big things. At airports there are usually a lot of musicians with old guitars, old violins, etc... It would be a caos inspecting every single instrument because most of them don´t have paperwork.
In fact, last year I bought my SC245 with brazilian and the american custom officer wanted to verify before leaving that inside the case was my guitar, but he didn´t care about wood.

Last edited:
And do you know if they check at customs? If that's so, I think that my days of buying guitars there are over :(
Unless the store has the paperwork or the possibility of getting it

Spain is correct, yes.

I´m not very sure with that. Last thing I know is that you have to declare if carrying 20lb of rosewood or more. I´m guessing that the law is focused in furniture or big things. At airports there are usually a lot of musicians with old guitars, old violins, etc... It would be a caos inspecting every single instrument because most of them don´t have paperwork.
In fact, last year I bought my SC245 with brazilian and the american custom officer wanted to verify before leaving that inside the case was my guitar, but he didn´t care about wood.

Unfortunately, now it's any rosewood, regardless of amount. It's an international thing as well. There are some here that have gone through the experience, and are much more well versed in it than I am. Hopefully, one of them will chime in. I'll see if I can find a couple of the posts that referenced them.

And do you know if they check at customs? If that's so, I think that my days of buying guitars there are over :(
Unless the store has the paperwork or the possibility of getting it

Start with post #504 on this thread. Guitarsan is one of the guys going through this right now. I would look for his replies in the attached thread.

http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/the-official-singlecut-594-love-thread.20029/page-26

There is also a lot of good info in this thread. Guitarsan outlines more of the process he had to go through to get a guitar from Europe.

http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/cites-appendix-ii.20842/

Thank you very much Bodia!
I have read this, and have studied the Appendix a little. Here is what I've learnt:
- if your doing a commercial transaction through borders, you'll need re export and re import certificates.
- if you travel with your guitar and it has less than 20lb of rosewood you have to do nothing, but is recommended to have a Cites Musical Instrument Certificate (valid for 3 years)

In my case, if I buy a guitar in Seattle and the dealer has the permits to sell that guitar, it's ok. Then the guitar is already mine, for personal purposes, and I can travel with it through borders.
However, I'll try to ask for one of those Musical Instrument Certificate, just in case, and I'll let you know as soon as I have new info about this.

Any other recommendation about shops in Seattle?

Last edited:
I got your message and answered to the best of my knowledge of the rules. I will look further into it. The biggest issue it my current run of Wood Library have Brazilian boards so I could not say that getting over a border with a nosey agent. We do have some awesome Korina necks with Zircote boards among other 594's.
Anyhow I PM'd you my direct email.
James

Back