Correct PRS SE 245 Case

Huffy

I just received my PRS SE 245 and a SKB-56 Case for it but it does not fit. No Neck Support when in the case.
Please tell me what Case is the EXACT Fit for the PRS SE 245?????

Same thing happened to me with m ]y Bernie. Not only was there no neck support, but the lid would put pressure on the neck when closed.

I have read that the Epiphone Les Paul cases would work, but have not got around to trying one yet.

Same thing happened to me with m ]y Bernie. Not only was there no neck support, but the lid would put pressure on the neck when closed.

I have read that the Epiphone Les Paul cases would work, but have not got around to trying one yet.

I went to the PRS Parts Accessory store and it says the PRS Multi-Fit Case ACC-4255 will fit the 245!

The SE guitars have a quite different neck angle from the core guitars. I tried a number of cases and eventually went with a good gig bag for mine. The PRS gig bags are ok dust covers, but a semi rigid bag works better.

The PRS Store says that the PRS Multi-Fit Case ACC-4255 WILL fit the 245!!!
Look at the List of PRS guitars it will fit and it includes the 245!

The PRS Store says that the PRS Multi-Fit Case ACC-4255 WILL fit the 245!!!
Look at the List of PRS guitars it will fit and it includes the 245!

It does not fit very well. I have one of those cases and it does not fit the SE245 exactly. Does it work yes....is it a perfect fit...no. I carry my 245 in a Gigblade gig bag. It is very protective and a lot easier to carry than a hard case.

It does not fit very well. I have one of those cases and it does not fit the SE245 exactly. Does it work yes....is it a perfect fit...no. I carry my 245 in a Gigblade gig bag. It is very protective and a lot easier to carry than a hard case.

Wow, does the neck lay flat and have good support?? Is the head deep enough so the neck is down on the supports??
I don't won't it if the neck and head could be stressed when the case is closed!!

PRS doesn't really have a good case for the SE models. Meanwhile, there are some VERY GOOD gig bags available. I was a hard case purist, but have really come around to the high end bags.

The neck is not supported and the body does not lay perfectly flat. My core single cut fits just fine, and lays perfectly flat with full neck support. The fit on the SE245 is not terrible by any means but for the price I can't recommend it since it is not a perfect fit.

Just out of curiosity...why do you not just use the gig bag...the PRS SE bag is awesome. I have traveled the world with a guitar in one and no problems, but I never check a guitar or laptop.

The neck is not supported and the body does not lay perfectly flat. My core single cut fits just fine, and lays perfectly flat with full neck support. The fit on the SE245 is not terrible by any means but for the price I can't recommend it since it is not a perfect fit.

Just out of curiosity...why do you not just use the gig bag...the PRS SE bag is awesome. I have traveled the world with a guitar in one and no problems, but I never check a guitar or laptop.

Thanks for the info, I just wanted to protect the 245 as best I could but since there doesn't seem to be a hard shell case that will fit it, then I'll take your suggestion and start looking at the really good gig bags!! Are their any better than the PRS SE bag?? I think I saw some Mono bags somewhere??

Are there any really good Gig Bags that have good Support for the Neck and Head??

neck angle of the 245 is different from normal LP's, that's why the neck 'sticks up' in normal cases.
I've had good luck putting a soft towel and/or foam in the case under the body to level the neck properly. Then everything is supported and fits great.

I solved my problem of having an empty SKB-56 by buying a S2 Singlecut :p It needed some support at the back to fit perfectly, whereas the Bernie would never fit.

I tested one of the Gator cases @Fullmoon 1971 linked to and it was a similar fit as the S2 and the SKB, i.e. close and definitely workable. I am debating getting one these now. The Epi case is also up for consideration...

Edit - perhaps I should just get a core Singlecut and avoid having to reach a decision on a Bernie case, after all, it has been 2 years now...

Back