Converted anyone?

justmund

Plank Spanker
So I think I just converted my dad to PRS. I just took delivery of his first one, a SE semi-hollow. I had enough time to unwrap it, adjust the truss rod (as per supplied instructions), stretch the strings, tune it up and give it a quick play before boxing it back up and give it to my sister for delivery to my dad.

First impressions is it's a great axe, low action, no buzzing, resonant, alive, great tone and as always, very responsive to volume knob.

He's always been a F guy, his main guitar being a '73 Tele Thinline but that's getting old in the tooth and needs a refret and neck work. I think he'll be very impressed by the SE, as I was.

So question is, anyone else converted someone to the light side?

Never had one before, but my last two guitars were PRS SE's. And probably my next two at this point. "Back in the day" I played professionally and I *wish* some of my multi-$k guitars played as well as my lousy $700-ish Santana...

I've always had LP's, I grew up with them and they feel like home. I got my first PRS about 6 weeks ago although I've wanted one for 7 years or more. My PRS is my bucket list guitar and I'm not disappointed, quite the opposite, it's stunning, feels and plays like nothing else but my "other" guitars are all superb too.

He is going to like the SE Semi-Hollow.
When I bought my son's earlier this year, I could not put it down, it played so good.

I converted my co-guitarist and long-time friend. Ended up selling him my quilt top SC. And every time he brings over a lesser guitar he's convinced is great is just pull something better off the wall. Muahahahah. :laugh:

I converted my son to celebrate PRStivus.

You know, that's the guitar...for the rest of us. ;)

I jammed with one of my roommates from freshman year on numerous occasions. He was strictly a strat man at the time, but it appears that I may have been a bit of an influence on him to get a McCarty a couple years or so later.
Close enough, I suppose.

I've been working on converting someone (who shall remain nameless) for years. He's old skool Gibson and Fender and his vintage collection is unreal.

I thought I was close when he gigged a DGT. I was sure the ME LTD would seal the deal.

I think 2013 might be the year. I'm bringing him to XPRS2013.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;36993 said:
I've been working on converting someone (who shall remain nameless) for years. He's old skool Gibson and Fender and his vintage collection is unreal.

I thought I was close when he gigged a DGT. I was sure the ME LTD would seal the deal.

I think 2013 might be the year. I'm bringing him to XPRS2013.
You talkin about me?

I've converted a few of my staff in the past by bringing one into the office.

I've got a friend that is a member of a local band trying to make it big. He has a 80's LP that is his baby. He always tells me "I hate 24 fret guitars", and "PRS necks just don't feel right" (that one's not surprising considering he plays that base ball bat). So I came across my 88 CE24. It wasn't in playing condition when I got it and I ended up putting SD 59's in it to get it playing. I took it over at a get together at his house and had him play it. After litarally 2 hours of non stop playing he looked up and said "This guitar is sick", and went back to playing. He later said, "This guitar has everything I don't like, 24 frets, thin neck, PRS, but I can't stop playing it." The next month he had a gig opening for KISS in Raleigh, NC. Here he is playing my CE24 instead of his beloved LP!
Arieldown3.jpg

Back