Convert CST 22 into DGT?

( . )( . )

I have a 2011 custom 22 10 top trem that I really like...but, do you think I could send it to PRS and have them convert it to a DGT (fret job, pups, added volume, and wiring if necessary)? Is this cost prohibitive? Should I just get another guitar (I have 11 currently, and really don’t want to get more)? It’s a pattern thin neck - which I like...

A DGT is also McCarty thickness, and has a different neck. So even with pickups and a fret job, plus second volume knob added, it still won’t be a DGT.

To get that done to a CU22 you could easily get a great used DGT, Enjoy the CU 22 and sell one of the others to get the DGT

I have a 2011 custom 22 10 top trem that I really like...but, do you think I could send it to PRS and have them convert it to a DGT (fret job, pups, added volume, and wiring if necessary)? Is this cost prohibitive? Should I just get another guitar (I have 11 currently, and really don’t want to get more)? It’s a pattern thin neck - which I like...

A DGT is also McCarty thickness, and has a different neck. So even with pickups and a fret job, plus second volume knob added, it still won’t be a DGT.
Yeah - I have a McCarty ‘01 standard (all hog) and I’m familiar with its neck (and I love it), but I was thinking it’d be really cool to have a thin neck dgt type guitar with the larger fretwire...

If you want the 2nd volume counter-sunk to match the rest of the controls it's also going to require refinishing.
Yeah - you’re right - not worth a refin for a knob that I won’t use enough to justify the cost (and potentially ruin a beautiful amber 10 top).

To get that done to a CU22 you could easily get a great used DGT, Enjoy the CU 22 and sell one of the others to get the DGT
I agree, but I hate to sell one of my babies - every guitar I own is special to me...

You’re totally right though...

It’s ok to have a new baby. It doesn’t require loving the old one any less.
Lol - I have 8 electrics and 3 acoustics...and they’re occupying our “office” room to the point where it’s the “guitar and case room”. I think I should sell a few before I acquire more - the old ball and chain isn’t happy as it stands.

Back