Contour burst or bust?

watelessness

did you ever put something in your cart but as much as you like everything else about the piece you just can't get passed the fact that it's not contour burst?

:rolleyes:

Ugh, I hate first world problems! :p

I could see hesitating over something like this, especially buying on-line where most of the experience is visual. In a store, not a chance. I'd grab the best sounding even if it was the ugly duckling of the bunch.

Ugh, I hate first world problems! :p

I could see hesitating over something like this, especially buying on-line where most of the experience is visual. In a store, not a chance. I'd grab the best sounding even if it was the ugly duckling of the bunch.

agreed, man, agreed. it's not that i have a problem with contour bursts per se, but sometimes a really dark ring around a light center just doesn't move me

Well, since I have a bunch of really nice sounding and looking PRSi, if the next one I could buy doesn't appeal to me visually I am not likely to procure it, unless, like bodia, I got to play it in person and the tone superseded any possible care about appearances!

Depends on the guitar and color for me. I like contour. I also like teardrop but prefer the burst to be more gradual then. Except charcoal burst, I don't mind it either way on that color. Contour is awesome, but the normal ones remind me of a classier silver burst.

I like contour burst,
I hate to see any of the wood blacked out.
It was one of the requirements for my recent SC594 purchase.

I still do not understand why PRS would paint the back of a guitar black.
I do not care for wraps, but if I liked the guitar and no others were available in a color I preferred, I would buy it.

I am waiting to see a teardrop that I really like. And, I favor naural backs. I just like seeing the wood as much as possible. Nevertheless, every person has their own aesthetic ideals. But, I am legally blind! What do I know...

Contour bursts are strictly for the parvenus.

;)

Kidding. I have, and love, both, as do lots of others here. It's good that both exist. What's the problem?

For PRS and especially singlecuts, I never understood the teardrop. Covers up so much of that space by the 3 way.
Even non-10 tops have some pretty decent grain to them. These are made of wood, yes? I wasn't sure if we were trying to hide that fact or not.

No burst or contour burst with a (light) shade. Otherwise it's just cover up... unless it's a gold top. mmmm.....
Oh, I'm so conflicted. :confused:

You could get an AxSak and have the best of both worlds:

300x300.jpg

I have always ignored color & patterns if the right guitar is available at the right price. Only exception for me is a black guitar, which I will pass on always.

This topic without pics means nothing.
Please, feed my GAS with contour burst, wrap burst, scrap binding... anything is good for me... and bad for my wallet :oops:

Back