Contemplating Trading my EJ Strat for PRS CE 22 - Is This a Fair Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a good trade, and not just because this is the PRS forum. That's a very nice example, and in great shape for being 10 years old.

No, EJ isn't my only guitar. I also have a Steinberger GM2T, a Mark Johnson Roadster Custom, 2 Fender HM Strats (both 1988 I think), and an Adamas 1597 SMT.

The EJ is great, but I played a 1994 PRS CE 22 about a year ago and it was one of the best sounding/playing guitars I've ever laid eyes on. Not to mention they are beautiful.
For some reason about a week ago, I just decided it's about time to make a PRS happen. I guess if I had to gripe about something about the EJ, I'd say I prefer my pickups to
be a little higher output, but it really is a fine guitar. Definitely not anxious to get rid of it. Just really want a PRS :)

I would, but I always say that. The DII is a hell of a neck pickup, I'm infatuated with mine at the moment.

Here's some pics of the EJ.

DSC_2389.JPG

DSC_2391.JPG

DSC_2382.JPG

DSC_2394.JPG

DSC_2402.JPG

DSC_2404.JPG

DSC_2419.JPG

Both of your choices are essentially the same guitar, you just have to decide what color you want.
The 5-way rotary vs. 3-way toggle/McCarty debate comes down to personal preference, only you will be able to decide that for yourself.
Good luck, and I hope you have a new guitar soon.

I would keep the EJ strat,its a great strat.Every guitarplayer needs a good strat in his collection :).Why not selling one of the HM strats?Keep the EJ strat and add the PRS to your collection :).And hey,keep the strat pickups low output,thats part of the stratmagic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back