Consummation of a Plan

It's going to be fun to have the right cab for the amp, finally.

My son's in town and said, "We're going to be able to play two amps now? Sweet! We can play together!"

And that is worth the price of admission alone!

My son's in town and said, "We're going to be able to play two amps now? Sweet! We can play together!"

That, is what it is all about. Nice DG set, Les Enjoy!

Playing with your kids is the best thing on the planet. A 3 hour jam session with my boys was my Father's Day gift this year. Pay for expedited shipping. :cool: I'm anxious to hear your tone report.

I will give my usual too-long-on-copy and too-short-on-useful-info report of course!

Actually, I'm kind of patting myself on the back for following through with this, because I usually get sidetracked before finishing the original plan, glom onto something else, then fill in later with a substitute thing, and wind up with kind of a hodgepodge.

I also made myself order the remaining acoustic panels to complete my studio re-do instead of jumping ahead to other stuff.

Last edited:
The only fly in the ointment here is that because of July 4 it won't be delivered until Monday.

My son's going back to LA on Tuesday. So only one day to furiously jam...

Fortunately he brought an acoustic, and we've been playing together for, oh, seconds at a time (lol). ;)

Just got the email that it'll be delivered tomorrow.

Kinda lookin' forward to it!

I'm stoked for you. This is the one amp/cab I have extreme GAS for so I anxiously await your review.

It'll be fun. I'm guessing that there will be a break-in period with the V-30s before I'll fully understand what the rig can do.

You know how V-30s can be when new...

Still, I'm that guy who believes that the best way to break in a speaker is with a guitar plugged into the amp driving it, so I plan to do a LOT of breaking in. ;)

My 408 is at the PTC for a tune-up, so it'll be all about the Artist V until it comes home. Usually I play the A-V through the HXDA. It'll be interesting.

Last edited:
You know how V-30s can be when new...
+1, though it didn't seem to take that long with my 2x12. The bass response of my amp made it a little easier, I think. Dial in the growl and explain to the wife that the volume is necessary for business reasons. :biggrin: Wishing you a swift delivery.

+1, though it didn't seem to take that long with my 2x12. The bass response of my amp made it a little easier, I think. Dial in the growl and explain to the wife that the volume is necessary for business reasons. :biggrin:

Good plan!

Wow. Beautiful DG.

Honestly Ive never seen a company put real wood(let alone an expensive tonewood) on the front of an amp.

Yet another way PRS rises above all else. Take THAT Fender.

Back