Congrats to PRS for finally taking the plunge!

Scott Peterson

Dear PRS:

It's about time.

Nice place - and good choice on the guys keeping the ship right and true. Nice mix of folks even this early in the going here.

I imagine as time goes on, this will be come "the" place to discuss PRS, change comes slowly. It will be nice to not have to go to 4 different forums for info and feedback from experienced owners of PRS guitars.

Looking forward to getting my PRS info from this place and the people.

To the guys running this place - keep your head's up and your eyes open. Keeping communities together and on the same path is not for the squeamish! :D

To the members here - great to see a lot of you, and great to meet you if I do not know you. Viva PRS!

Here here!

Welcome Scott! I hope this forum is a peaceful refuge for you when things get too crazy on the FAS board :lol:

Scott Peterson said:
To the guys running this place - keep your head's up and your eyes open. Keeping communities together and on the same path is not for the squeamish! :D
I appreciate that more than you can imagine, Scott. It has already been more challenging than I imagined.

But I want to sustain your comment about the communities...

We aren't trying to replace VintageRocker.com, PRSForums.com, The Gear Page, or the ill-fated Birds and Moons. Each of our communities (current and past) have strengths that enrich the collective experience. With some luck, and a lot of Love, this will become neutral ground.

Let Love rule.

Thank you Scott!

You are well known and respected within the guitar forum world, so we hope you chime in and contribute often to our new forum. We have tried to create a place where everyone is welcome and opinions can be shared openly. Even though this is a company sponsored forum ( I don't like to use the term "Corporate" because PRS is not a corporation by definition and we certainly don't have a "corporate" vibe around the work place). Anyway, even though this is sponsored by PRS, we hope people will speak freely and openly. The truth will help us build better guitars and allow us to become a better company.

Thanks again for visiting, we hope to see you back often.

Shawn

LOL!

I love having a place where I can actually come just hang, talk and learn about PRS without all the overhead and crazy stuff. I understand the effort and can definitely understand the stress that running a forum brings.

It's great that PRS got good folks running the 'official' (I promise not to use the "corporate" word!) PRS Forum.

I look forward to just hanging out and learning about all the new fangled things that PRS does nowadays without all the 'overhead' that can plaque non 'official' brand-centric boards. Doesn't always happen, but it's nice when you can be assured that the in-club cliques that can - and do - form on any board won't dominate it.

I love PRS guitars, I always have loved PRS guitars and that's enough for me. The sniping and fighting between different non-official boards and their members does not apply here - that's a wonderful thing.

I'd like to thank you guys for giving us a sort of 'direct' line to you as much as anything.

It's going to be cool to get to know a lot of the new faces i'm seeing from the BAM side of the world, and also be able to hear from the horses mouth so to speak, the new developments within the company (7-string models cough cough :lol: ).

Anyway, in it's early days and frankly for such a young set-up, there are no major issues.

Kudos not only to the team behind the set-up, but the team of mods for keeping the waters steady as we bring together a number of different groups into one place. That's gotta be tough!! :shock:

Dan.

JMintzer said:
Scott,

Thanks for the kind words. They mean a lot!

Glad you found us!

Jamie

Known or not, I was a daily lurker on BAM - just got some nasty PM's from certain folks there that turned me off of posting much. There are some members here with the same 'issues' - already sending PM's again - but it's time to ignore the chafe and just get on with it.

It's all good now.

Shawn@PRS said:
The truth will help us build better guitars and allow us to become a better company.

The truth is that Floyd Rose bridges should be a standard option. Oh, and a production 7-string. :mrgreen:

hippietim said:
Shawn@PRS said:
The truth will help us build better guitars and allow us to become a better company.

The truth is that Floyd Rose bridges should be a standard option. Oh, and a production 7-string. :mrgreen:
Who the hell needs a Floyd when PRS non-floating trems can divebomb without going out of tune? :twisted:
As for a production seven string... yes please!!

Floyd? Who's Floyd? :D

A little more PTC action for you.

RavenMod.jpg

Carl?

Scott Peterson said:
JMintzer said:
Scott,

Thanks for the kind words. They mean a lot!

Glad you found us!

Jamie

Known or not, I was a daily lurker on BAM - just got some nasty PM's from certain folks there that turned me off of posting much. There are some members here with the same 'issues' - already sending PM's again - but it's time to ignore the chafe and just get on with it.

It's all good now.

jimfisher said:
Sorta feels like a homecoming for a lot of us 'old' PRS Forum folks!!

Jim

C'mon Jim, you're not "old"...

Oh, wait... I just did the math... :eek: :shock: :lol:

Jamie, not that far behind...

Back