Confused about model P20 / P20E

Codger

Hi folks, I just got my vintage mahogany Tonare P20 - or is it a P20E? It was a "b-stock" at a modest price, and not knowing the distinction, I did not pay attention to the precise model # when I ordered it. The box and hang tag say the model is PPE20SAVM. The label inside the guitar says "P-20" (the serial numbers on the guitar and on the box and hang tag all match) but the guitar has electronics like a P-20E. Anyone else have a P-20E that is labelled as a P-20?

By the way, I am enjoying the guitar, and enjoying reading the comments about swapping out the tuning pegs, and lowering the action. This is my second PRS - my other I bought about 18 years ago - Custom 22 stoptail - and its been my "go to" electric ever since.

Codger.

I had thought all "P20" instruments came/come with electronics, so they would all be P20e models. But I am wrong: both variations exist. if you have electronics, you have a P20e.

My P20e is just labeled "P20" on the inside sound-hole label.

:shrug:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks shinksma - it seems that I got lucky they sent me one with electronics rather than one without. Interesting that both models have the same label.

Back