Clouding under finish - a portend?

gutbucket

Greetings - new member here and sorry to start with a request for help however I was unable to locate a similar topic via forum search. I have a 2001 Santana III that stays in itʻs case when not being used however I just noticed a small white cloudy/hazy patch in the top of the smaller horn on the maple top that wasʻnt there before. It looks like it is within/under the finish. The concave cutaway (in maple top) near to the neck also looks to possibly be getting a little cloudy as well. Sorry for the lousy picture (no macro setting on camera) however has anyone experienced this and if so will this spread through the rest of the finish? The back and neck finish is fine and clear. Thank you very much in advance for your time.

prs_white_cloud.jpg

Got some one the back, top of the body near the neck joint of my 2003 CE. I've actually only seen this on case queens, maybe something in the case lining interacting with the finish?? No idea really.

Looks like a little bump that wasn't enough to be a ding may have caused the finish to separate a little. PTC can fix it easily.

Back