Cleanest PRSi with 2 pickups?

I kind of agree with Boogie except I have a CE24 with the same pickups and 5 way. Great (almost ) tele sound.
Thanks... I heard that the new Custom 24s no longer come stocked with those pickups. Does anybody know for sure? If not, how do the new pups compare?

Tremonti or Holcomb

AYE KEED, AYE KEED!

No, seriously, I think maybe you want the lowest possible output -- like the 58/15LT or the like -- and then splittable. I don't have actual 58/15LT, I think I just have the 58/15 and 85/15, but I'm extrapolating only a little bit from my experience. I also really dig the 57/08 when they are split.

Definitely concentrate on the split sounds -- that's where you'll find your most singlecoil-like tones.

Also the 408 narrowfields. Again, split, they sound sublime, but those middle positions --neckhumbridgesplit or necksplitbridgehum -- are superb. But now I'm just talking about my own tastes, not yours.

Tremonti or Holcomb

AYE KEED, AYE KEED!

No, seriously, I think maybe you want the lowest possible output -- like the 58/15LT or the like -- and then splittable. I don't have actual 58/15LT, I think I just have the 58/15 and 85/15, but I'm extrapolating only a little bit from my experience. I also really dig the 57/08 when they are split.

Definitely concentrate on the split sounds -- that's where you'll find your most singlecoil-like tones.

Also the 408 narrowfields. Again, split, they sound sublime, but those middle positions --neckhumbridgesplit or necksplitbridgehum -- are superb. But now I'm just talking about my own tastes, not yours.

I really like the middle positions on the 408 too; I wish I could hear it with a maple neck though. I was not terribly impressed with the tone from an East Indian RW neck... But i love the pickups. My absolute favorite is neck in single bridge in hum.

Last edited:
Damn. Yeah, now I want a maple neck 408 or Paul's Guitar, too. That seems to be my preference for everything these days.

Back