CITES Appendix II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shawn@PRS, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Whitecat

Whitecat Goes home to Starla

I don’t think it’s ill-willed - within the US you can (well, could) buy tonnes of Braz that’s come from reclaimed sources - recycled furniture is one example, where it’s all come in pre-1992 before papers were required - they upcycle that stuff into guitars but have no CITES passports due to the age of the wood.

Where they do import stump wood from Brazil it include papers, so that stuff gets reserved for the export market.

Basically, it is a “big thing” in that if the wood doesn’t have the papers from the beginning it never can.

2. Guitarsan

Guitarsan "I floor it. That’s technical talk." SRV

Well, never said it was ill-willed, but you make a good point.

3. JoaoPinheiro

JoaoPinheiro New Member

Thanks for the clear answer. Mine has no indication that it was built for the USA only, but it also has no papers. I guess I can still travel with it inside Europe, but I can't send it to PTC for any fixes or changes. This is seriously frustrating. :/

4. Whitecat

You’ll wanna be careful even doing that. German Customs recently seized and destroyed a Modern Eagle I that was shipped from the UK. When it comes to CITES Appendix I, even the EU customs union isn’t necessarily going to help.

5. JoaoPinheiro

JoaoPinheiro New Member

Seriously?! That's absolutely ridiculous. Was some article posted about that somewhere?

6. Whitecat

Someone told me Dave Burrluck wrote about it somewhere... can’t find a link, may be only in print at the moment. I’ll see if someone in the know can find a better source...

#66 Whitecat, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  7. JoaoPinheiro

JoaoPinheiro New Member

Thank you!