Then you see it disappear
It's all right

Though your garden's gray
I know all your graces
Some day will flower
In the sweet sunshower

All you'll be you are today

Last edited:
RIP Chris. One of my favorite bands(SG)...love the odd meter, odd tunings and compositions of the songs. Chris had phenomenal tone and a legendary voice for my(or any) generation. Love that he did whatever he wanted in his solo career, not being bound to any style. Throw in Audioslave, the guy accomplished a hell of a lot. I got to see Soundgarden a few times. Here's a pic from 2011 in Chicago:

34695675386_f783511f1d_b.jpg

Just horrifying. Heard the news on the radio on the drive to work this morning. My heart skipped a beat, and took my breath away. So sad. Probably one of my favorite singers ever. What a range. He and Eddie Vedder singing Hungry Strike for Temple of the Dog remains one of my favorite songs. RIP Chris. You and your work will be GREATLY missed.

Kevin

Unbelievable.
Hard to even imagine the great music he would have continued to go on making.
This one hurts...a lot.

I was hoping they'd do another record. I still go back and listen to the old ones from time to time. One acoustic show I did a cover of Like Suicide. Maybe our next show we'll do that one.

Also, I once played his sig model in a store, still kick myself for not buying it even though it wasn't a PRS and I didn't have the money for it. It played great and sounded amazing with those LollarTron pickups.

Guy I used to work with played drums in a band called 11:11 in the Chicago area a number of years back. They were playing a show on the small stage at the House of Blues and we're getting ready to play an SG song. They announce the number to the crowd. Guy walks up to the side of the stage and asks if they want some help with this one....yup, it was Chris Cornell. Cool experience!

Terrible news. My thoughts are with his family.

Soundgarden was a giant influence on me in every direction. I can't imagine there's a record I've listened to more times than I have Superunknown.

RIP, Chris.

Such awful news. I'm crushed by the tragic loss of such an amazing talent, and can't even imagine what his family must be going through.

R.I.P.

and the news just goes from bad to worse where MSN and others reporting that his death was suicide. Meanwhile his web site still shows that he has a sold out show tomorrow in Columbus OH.

Suicide is never the answer. Absolutely never.

I loved his singing...

Back