Choice of Hard Cases? Limited CE24

All - appreciate the info!

I ended up scoring a nice deal on a PRS Multi-Fit Case (Sweetwater vintage) so ended up with that. Love the case!

Question though, it doesn't seem the guitar sits perfectly flat? I can push on the body and push on the first couple frets of the neck and it has a wobble to it. Is this the norm? I imagine once the case is closed and the top of the case is pushing down...it becomes irrelevant either way.

I ended up scoring a nice deal on a PRS Multi-Fit Case (Sweetwater vintage) so ended up with that. Love the case!

Question though, it doesn't seem the guitar sits perfectly flat? I can push on the body and push on the first couple frets of the neck and it has a wobble to it. Is this the norm? I imagine once the case is closed and the top of the case is pushing down...it becomes irrelevant either way.

Just for future reference, the Gator Deluxe ABS Double Cutaway fits the CE24 perfectly, no wobbling or extra room for sliding around. I own 3 of them, they fit my strats, my tele and my CE24. $119.99 from Sweetwater.

I never understood when people describe the PRS cases as heavy, although that might be because I am used to lugging bass cases around.

The PRS cases are really good, I don't think they're any more cumbersome than any other rectangular hard cases. It's nice to have a fitted interior. Also they smell good and the latches and locks are decent.

neck angle might be different to the core US models, I suspect.

If the case closes fine, I'd be propping the body end up at the base of the case with some cloths or other padding, so the neck is supported properly and there is no adverse stress on the joint. Because I know from experience CEs can crack at the neck join if you mistreat them

Back