CE22 or DGT

If it's Wide Thin, it won't be.
Welp, that's that.

I did just see a Studio in the same finish as this DGT that also looked amazing, same price range. But I have an SSH Strat already with an Andy Timmons loaded pickguard and I don't play it. I'm guessing that doesn't bode well for the Studio model.

Regardless of what you do with the DGT, an SG and $300 for the CE would be a done deal for me.

DGT no question. Is the CE one of the new ones or the original models? The older ones are the one to get if you are going after the CE.

I own three 97 CEs and i love them. I would love to try a DGT and I'm sure I'd love it too.

I had a cu22 with dragon 2s. It sounded good but those pickups never gave me that warm fuzzy feeling. I personally feel like 59 09 bridge 85 15 neck is unstoppable!

Once you get a prs all other guitars will slowly go away. Somebody once said "other guitars are stupid".

Just finished watching the 4 part DG and PRSh videos for Wildwood. Learned some things about the DGT that make me even happier about my decision. Like the pickups going after the best old 335 sound and the coil-splitting actually just taking 2/3 out of the other coil to reduce volume drop.

This seems like a special instrument.

you absolutely did the correct thing, I'm 100% certain that any DGT is gonna have major mojo to spare.

I think the Dragon pickups are hit and miss for a lot of people, so you'd most likely be minorly disappointed.

and you get a gorgeous maple top. good job figuring it out;):(:mad::confused::eek::rolleyes::D

I've had my eye on it the DGT for many years, but I'm very happy with my coin flip as I went with a McCarty 594 as a placeholder. the only thing that put a tiny feather on the balance, and tilted it in favor of the 594 was the 43.0mm nut width vs 42.8mm, my fat fingers flourish on the 43 mm nut. I can survive on the 42.8mm, but my open chords need that extra few microns.enjoy! :cool: pictures please.

Congrats! I was about to suggest DGT when I saw that’s what you pulled the trigger on.

They’re very sweet guitars.

I've never played a DGT so I can't vouch for that, but I've had both a CE22 and currently own a CE24. The CE22 is the only guitar I've ever regretted selling and I got the CE24 to remedy that. I can honestly say I don't ever see this guitar going anywhere.

I regretted selling my CE22 as well...finally replaced it with an S2 Vela...but its as different from the CE as the CE is from the DGT...imo

Back