CE with 509 electronics?

You couldn't retrofit a CE with 509 electronics, but you could get close to the functionality (and then some) with some mods: two mini toggles for coil splits, add middle pickup and wire the push/pull to activate it. That would actually give you 16 possible combos, but you'd be missing middle pickup by itself.

I'm sure they could make you a 509 CE via Private Stock, though.

I'm with you on that. I've heard a chicken head knob helps some, or maybe one of those position indicator washers. I personally yanked the rotary in favor of a toggle and push/pull.

I would be very tempted if PRS were to release a Swamp Ash 509, like they did with the 513.

I love 5 way and mini switches for split ;)
I had a Charvel CH4, a long time ago, and the 3 on/off switches were really nice to use.
Writing that make me guess that Bian Mays way to switch sounds is, in fact awesome...

I love 5 way and mini switches for split ;)
I had a Charvel CH4, a long time ago, and the 3 on/off switches were really nice to use.
Writing that make me guess that Bian Mays way to switch sounds is, in fact awesome...

The only thing functionally missing from the 509 for me, and it's a biggie, is the lack of ability to combine the neck and bridge pickups. This can be easily remedied via push/pull, though, to give you a total of 13 positions. :cool:

The PTC could install "Sig Switching" i.e. two mini toggles to split the pickups.

Yeah, like this! They do AWESOME work!

20160812_093616_zpstxejggrv.jpg

Twenty-some years later I can just hear what position I'm in.
One+ year in, and I can hear most of them.
The point is that I need to order the guitar modified by PTC, I live in France and the shipping of a guitar back and forth USA will cost me a lot ^^
So will a private stock. Your best bet is to find a local guitar tech capable of doing the mods.

The point is that I need to order the guitar modified by PTC, I live in France and the shipping of a guitar back and forth USA will cost me a lot ^^

I thought I read somewhere on the Forum that PRS Europe was going to open so type of PTC? Anyone else recall this?

Back