CE 85/15

Mark Richards

Hi does anyone know if the 85/15 that are on the CE 24 or 22, have the same wiring loom that is on the 85/15 on the Custom 22.
Thanks Mark

Same pickups, but the volume and tone wiring is same as s2... from what I've read and been told by local dealer

Here is a much better answer from another thread:

The CE line from PRS is a bit of a hybrid... it is manufactured in the US factory (as opposed to the Korean factory, where the SE line is made).
It's hand made like the core line. The body is the same mahogany with maple top. But the carve isn't as deep (this is where a lot of hours are saved).
The main thing is that it has a bolt-on maple neck (versus a solid glued-in mahogany neck). Personally, I prefer the maple neck, but that's just me...

With the exception of the bridge, it incorporates US parts.
It has US 85/15 pickups, as well as 2nd gen locking tuners, US nut, US pots and switch, US input jack.
The only piece of hardware on it, that isn't US spec, is the bridge. They use the Korean bridge from the SE line.

There are three levels of PRS guitars (4 if you include the S2):
  1. The SE Line - which is made in Korea. A fine guitar, by all accounts. Better than most competitors. I have an Ibanez Prestige (top of the line Ibanez), and I think that the cheapest PRS SE is still a better sounding / playing guitar than the best Ibanez. Just my opinion, but I have both and the Ibanez has sat in its case, since I got the SE Tremonti.
  2. The CE Line - which is hand-made in the USA factory. As described above. My personal favorite of all PRS electric guitars.
  3. The CU Line (aka core line) - the Holy Grail. Hand-made in the USA, using the best wood tops, and most detailed carve. It also has the latest (gen 3) tuners and bridge.

Back