Can true by-pass break / fade?!?

This is one spot that's kind of lacking in the PRS product lineup in the SE/S2 range. No DC model with a stoptail bridge, which IMO adds to the low end grunt vs a trem. They had the SE CU22 with a stoptail briefly, albeit with a maple neck, which imparts a brightness that someone desiring a warmer sound like that of a LP may not want. And now it only comes with a trem. The closest thing may be an S2 Mira, which is more SG than LP, but still a great guitar.

This is one spot that's kind of lacking in the PRS product lineup in the SE/S2 range. No DC model with a stoptail bridge, which IMO adds to the low end grunt vs a trem. They had the SE CU22 with a stoptail briefly, albeit with a maple neck, which imparts a brightness that someone desiring a warmer sound like that of a LP may not want. And now it only comes with a trem. The closest thing may be an S2 Mira, which is more SG than LP, but still a great guitar.

Oh I hate you all!!! I think I am actually starting to warm up to the S2 Single cut in the wee video on the page from the PRS website. Simple things... This wrap around tailpiece!
I take it the S2 wouldn't be as thick as a McCarty, would it?

Oh I hate you all!!! I think I am actually starting to warm up to the S2 Single cut in the wee video on the page from the PRS website. Simple things... This wrap around tailpiece!

They're actually the full thickness of the other SC's and McCarty's I believe - or at least thicker than the Customs.

But, they do make semi hollows, if weight is a factor ;)

They sound dang good. Perhaps a little different than a true solid body LP design, but still very full. Even the SE CU22 semi hollow is very nice.

... Even the SE CU22 semi hollow is very nice.

I bought one online after a few drinks... that guitar f@cking rules. It's not so much semi-hollow sounding as it is chambered sounding but, the sound of that guitar is ridiculous when you consider how much it costs. Highly recommended.

Man, if that's all it takes to make you hate, wait til you've been around here for a while… You will DESPISE!!!:D This is THE enabler club of all enabler clubs!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one online after a few drinks... that guitar f@cking rules. It's not so much semi-hollow sounding as it is chambered sounding but, the sound of that guitar is ridiculous when you consider how much it costs. Highly recommended.

That is it very interesting comment on the chamber versus semi. I might have to look one of those up just for fun

That is it very interesting comment on the chamber versus semi. I might have to look one of those up just for fun

It's not just me either. Rider was over and said something along the lines of "it's not right, this guitar sounds as good as it does" or something like that. It's in the top 5 battle for best sounding next pickup (DII) positions in my (present) stable.

Back