Calling Cu 24 Floyd owners for a little help!

cags12

Hi everyone - I am the proud owner of my first PRS guitar. I went straight to a USA core model Custom 24 Floyd :)
I live in Europe and ordered the guitar from Sweetwater, so I am yet to collect the guitar from my relatives house eventually. I am dying here on the waiting!!

The help I need from you guys is to tell me the exact distance (mm if possible) between the edge of the bridge pickup to the other edge just before the bridge where the top ends (see picture below).

This is because I am planning to use a Hexaphonic pickup and I am afraid there might not be enough space and will have to do a custom mod to the pickup ring or look for a an alternative in the market.

Thank you!!

body-xlarge-237131.jpg

Ahh forgot to add. If possible also the average action from the wood top to the string in the same area and the pickup ring length. Thank you!!!

Last edited:
Yes, that would be ideal but unfortunately the system I'll add is an Antares Autotune for Guitar which only accept Magenetic hexaphonic. Plus, palm muting with piezos in problematic.

Do you have a Floyd Custom24? Any chance you tell me the dimensions I am looking for?

I do not have a CU24 nor know the dimensions but this may help.
6019-2.jpg

https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/Roland_GK3_pickup_ring_adapter_p/6019.htm
It's designed for a Roland GK3 pickup and obviously takes "some" of the spacing from the pickup ring so the hex pickup isn't 100% behind the pickup ring.
You might want to reach out to John to see if he's aware of anyone putting that in a Floyd CU24. Not sure about string clearance, etc.
Good luck.

Thank you, I was aware of that but I believe it only fits a Cu24 and not the Floyd version. The only bit of an issue is that the Antares Hex pickup is a little thicker than the Roland GK3. My plan is to mod the pickups to fit my space. Hence, I need the dimensions.

Many thanks anyway I will probably contact customer service for the official dimensions.

Back