Bye-Bye Photobucket

I think I'll go for postimg.org
I easily downloaded my P22 folder from PB and uploaded to postimg.org
Easy linking, and although there's no mobile app, the web browser access works fine for my needs.

I think I'll go for postimg.org
I easily downloaded my P22 folder from PB and uploaded to postimg.org
Easy linking, and although there's no mobile app, the web browser access works fine for my needs.

I so want an orange tiger too... can't make up my mind which one... CU24, McCarty, CU22, P22... arrrgh...

testing my IMGUR pics here, because PB is bye bye...
huNlQBj.jpg

My own Imgur is blocked at my work place too, but so was photobucket...

I can see it.

Very interested to hear how you did it. I just signed up for flikr, but haven't had time to putz with it.

How much of a pain is it?

(Just ended every sentence in a post with "it," which is piss-poor usage of the English language)

It's better than ending with "at", "then", "though", "huh" or starting a sentence with "so"!

FYI, if you have photos only on Photobucket and you want to download them before nuking your account, you apparently now have to do that one photo at a time. They've turned off downloading albums, even though they left the links to download an album on. (So it seems you should be able to do it, but it doesn't work, on purpose.) I guess they figure lots will be bolting and they don't want us sucking up their bandwidth downloading albums.

I for one won't miss the crawling responsiveness nor the incessant ads. Good riddance. Hello Imgur.

FYI, if you have photos only on Photobucket and you want to download them before nuking your account, you apparently now have to do that one photo at a time. They've turned off downloading albums, even though they left the links to download an album on. (So it seems you should be able to do it, but it doesn't work, on purpose.) I guess they figure lots will be bolting and they don't want us sucking up their bandwidth downloading albums.

I for one won't miss the crawling responsiveness nor the incessant ads. Good riddance. Hello Imgur.
Dayum!
I went on a fishing trip on the weekend and wasn't finished downloading yet. Procrastination bites me in the a$$ again!:mad::D

I downloaded about 70% of the albums I had on PB already, and the remaining 30% aren't all that relevant - most were associated with former spouses & their families or random stuff I am not currently keen on.

Plus, PB has just my 1024 pixel resized pics, I have all originals at home, double-backed up. The album downloads from PB were just for convenience of re-uploading to my new Imgur account.

Annoyingly, although I can access and log into Imgur at work, it seems any attempt to upload gets stuck, presumably due to some handshake getting blocked at our firewall. So I need to do all my uploads at home. Mobile uploads on Imgur are stupid - I can't find a way to upload to an album, just an uncategorized "post".

I downloaded about 70% of the albums I had on PB already, and the remaining 30% aren't all that relevant - most were associated with former spouses & their families or random stuff I am not currently keen on.

Plus, PB has just my 1024 pixel resized pics, I have all originals at home, double-backed up. The album downloads from PB were just for convenience of re-uploading to my new Imgur account.

Annoyingly, although I can access and log into Imgur at work, it seems any attempt to upload gets stuck, presumably due to some handshake getting blocked at our firewall. So I need to do all my uploads at home. Mobile uploads on Imgur are stupid - I can't find a way to upload to an album, just an uncategorized "post".
You'd think there was a way around that.
Just downloaded a pile from PB and had no problem bulk uploading to individual/new folders in postimg.org

Back